I just replaced rear wiper blade - Bosch A381H

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

paulmac wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:44 pm Despite the thread title suggesting A381H I found these to be a little short so went with A402H which are a little longer but still fit and work perfectly. My rear wiper was very poor from new so was replaced with Bosch almost immediately.

Paul
Does the A402H have the 2 strengthening bars?
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White

AllanG

Post by AllanG »

JurassicMacan wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:29 pm
paulmac wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:44 pm Despite the thread title suggesting A381H I found these to be a little short so went with A402H which are a little longer but still fit and work perfectly. My rear wiper was very poor from new so was replaced with Bosch almost immediately.

Paul
Does the A402H have the 2 strengthening bars?
Doesn’t look like the Bosch blades have the strengthening bars: https://www.wiperblades.co.uk/bosch-a40 ... iper-blade
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
NickL

Post by NickL »

I purchased a new Porsche 971955427A wiper blade today for the rear window on a Macan 3.0 S Petrol (Mk 2).

I agree with jurassicGTS....the Bosch A381H doesn't seem an exact replacement.

I'm sure it works fine, but the rubber blade of the Porsche part is 400mm long, whereas the A381H is 20mm shorter at 380mm.

Having surfed the interweb thingy, I reckon the Valeo Silencio VR276 574584 blade is a good after-market replacement to consider.

It looks almost identical to the genuine blade and is less than the £30.77 I paid at Porsche Reading....even allowing for the free coffee and cake.😉
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I used the Bosch A402H on my Gen 3 and it’s a perfect replacement and better quality 😉
Macan S MY 2023
NickL

Post by NickL »

Agreed, the Bosch A402H looks fine as well.

It doesn't have part of the connector fitting, but there's no reason why you can't reuse the one on the current blade.

Neither the Bosch or Valeo blade appears to have the two strengthening bands that are on the genuine part, but you can get an A402H on Amazon for only £7 so what's not to like.

Wiper blade replacement has been picked up on my last 3 services, I'm only doing about 7k miles per year so it doesn't say much for the life of the genuine part.

Porsche wanted £191.36 to replace the two front blades and the rear blade (plus the usual eye-watering quotes for tyres, panoramic roof drain clearance, aircon re-gas, brakes, etc.).

The 'we recommend new brake disks every time the pads are getting low' is a nice touch, together with the roof drain design flaw that means you definitely need to check that they flow properly every 6 months (or the extended warranty is null and void), tyres and aircon re-gas are always cheaper at your local Kwik-Fit.

Nice cars but they spank you for maintenance.
NickL

Post by NickL »

.....off topic for this thread, but be very careful when you check the roof drain flow.

Make sure that you only pour a little water (100ml) into the rainwater gully at the front.

If you accidentally pour it into the air deflector gully instead it will overflow and end up in the footwell (via the A pillar trim panels).

(You need someone else to check the drain outlet by the front and rear wheels when you test the flow)
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Folks try to protect their warranty like it’s a “golden chalice”, where as it is only an insurance policy ffs.
Those who pay these silly prices deserve to be out of pocket, when all they need to do is a little research to realise that very few of these “warranty will be voided” myths are actually true! 🙄
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
NickL

Post by NickL »

The bit about silly prices suggests that you don't ever pay them....so you don't ever have an extended warranty....so how would you know whether warranty claims are rejected or approved?

Using Google to 'research' is about as useful as using Tripadvisor, since only the bitter or deliriously happy tend to post (the other 98% can't be @rsed).
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

NickL wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:26 am The bit about silly prices suggests that you don't ever pay them....so you don't ever have an extended warranty....so how would you know whether warranty claims are rejected or approved?

Using Google to 'research' is about as useful as using Tripadvisor, since only the bitter or deliriously happy tend to post (the other 98% can't be @rsed).
Read the thread “debunking warranty myth” detailing my personal experiences. The research I refer to is reading and understanding the warranty documents and asking a few questions, as I did.
Given that I have had a significant warranty claim last month and that the car is serviced by an Indy (which the OPC know) I think I can safely say that I am imparting facts and personal experience!
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

Jon A wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:16 am Folks try to protect their warranty like it’s a “golden chalice”, where as it is only an insurance policy ffs.
Those who pay these silly prices deserve to be out of pocket, when all they need to do is a little research to realise that very few of these “warranty will be voided” myths are actually true! 🙄
Totally Agree Jon A - £196 to change wiper blades! Its nothing short of laughable and clearly they have more money than sense.