the 10mhp click

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
ricksta68

Post by ricksta68 »

Interesting... so this makes me think that the OPC is talking porkie pies... or that they have no idea what's going on. Apparently they tested it with Germany though...

goron59

Post by goron59 »

OPC not necessarily lying - they may simply be incompetent (not doing a thorough job).
Deferring to a higher authority ("Porsche GB", "Germany") adds no credibility.
Who did they talk to? what did they ask? Was it specific enough? Was a support ticket opened and who did the investigative work?

I'd be inclined to find somebody at a local (or not so local) OPC that is willing to properly get to the bottom of it.

Then create a twitter account and facebook page for the problem and get thousands of likes/followers/retweets - that seems to do the trick these days.

Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Jasraj123

Post by Jasraj123 »

Hi everyone! I'm new to this group; own Macan R4 (2.0 Petrol), and have been experiencing the same click sound when the car reaches 10 mph / 16 kmph mark. It coincides with the shift to 2nd gear but doesn't seem to be a PDK issue, as it happens even when I hold the car in first gear. Spoke to the dealer in Mumbai, but they sounded unaware of this issue and said that none of the Macan owners had reported it either. I can make peace with it if I know for sure it's a standard sound...but no idea how I could do that. Is there anyone on the group here who's figured it out yet?
redcat2551

Post by redcat2551 »

Jasraj (and anyone else): Did you ever get resolution on this issue? I've had my clicking sound for over a year. Four trips to two different dealers in the Northeast United States. All four times, they've taken the car in for the day, given me a loaner, but said they can't find any issue. They say they can replicate the sound on some (but not all) other Macans, and it's within normal tolerance. They can't isolate any particular source of the sound, but they said the drivetrain is just a little jerky at low speeds, particularly on the 2.0.

I wrote an e-mail to Porsche North American customer relations, and they said they reviewed notes from the dealer and agree that it is within tolerance.

Do other folks also have a slight jerk that or hesitation that accompanies the click?
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Mine didn’t do it when new, but does now. No idea what it is
redcat2551

Post by redcat2551 »

Ian.g wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:20 pm Mine didn’t do it when new, but does now. No idea what it is
Have you taken it in to the dealership? I just had my 10K service done (at a second dealership -- not where I usually go) and they could hear the click but said it's within normal limits and operating as designed. That's the same thing the first dealer told me.

Also, most times when the click happens, there's a little bit of a jerk -- almost like a rough shift, but there is no shift at that point, and it happens even if I manually hold the car in 1st or 2nd gear.

Any new insights appreciated -- I'm just afraid that one day after the warranty expires, this will turn into a bigger issue!
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

There is no jerk. Just a click. Consistently at 10mph. Maybe it is some sort of thing to prevent you doing something stupid like moving the lever to Park position whilst driving. I wouldn't like to try that out though!
happy days

Post by happy days »

Just to resurrect this - I have started hearing the 10mph click, Interestingly, it also clicks when stop/start turns off the engine. It's definitely at exactly 10mph in either 1st or 2nd gear and happens every time. I think I just hadn't noticed it before as I always have the radio on, but this past few days I have been driving in traffic with no radio on and that's when I started to hear it. No drivetrain shunt or jerk, just a click. Or a clunk. SD 34k miles.
Macan S D
718 S
Paul

Post by Paul »

😉 I have the cure Happy,....turn the radio back on...😂
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »