High Mileage Macans - Impact on Value

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Major Hazard

Post by Major Hazard »

Thoroughly enjoying the GTS and racking up the miles, could easily head for over 24k this year so I started using other cars in the household fleet for some long journeys.

I was working on my assumption that premium sector cars do less than average mileage and buyers cannot be found for big mileage hacks - You will end up with an orphan and punished on value.

Doing a 200 mile round trip in our main means of dog transportation with the Macan sat at home got me thinking I must check my theory out! So, taking a small sample of 11 Petrol S, 2015, 15 plate on Autotrader, I came to the following conclusions...

1) Mileages are all over the place, from 5 to 28k (Excluded a 65 plater at 43k!)
2) Average is 15 k or bang on 1k per month? But no-one did the average, ie everyone did below 12 or above 19!
3) The Autotrader valuation simply varies mileage by 29p per mile - whether its 4k or 40k, ie you are not dis-proportionately punished at starship mileage. Not sure if Glasses guide would do any different, but condition and maintenance will obviously come into play at very high miles.

Table of results below FYI and can't be bothered to investigate more so its Job Done - Keep Calm and Carry On Racking The Miles Up.

GTS Landed 16th June 2016

http://www.porsche-code.com/PHY59YF6