Key fob covers on eBay

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
ZILING

Post by ZILING »

Bought these(Chrome for me and white for wife) in China, happy with the quality so far

ZILING2016-10-19 18:24:34
Jet Black GTS Delivered 19th March

http://www.porsche-code.com/PHBWZV35

Towser

Post by Towser »

Is this Real carbon fibre or a plastic cover coloured like carbon?

For £11.95 you don't get Carbon Fibre!
At that price you've nothing to lose!

But its a really good fit and tough plastic.

Yes I did suspect it wasn't carbon fibre but I thought I'd ask anyway!
GTS Collected Jan 2017! http://www.porsche-code.com/PHK34WL9
Macandriver

Post by Macandriver »

Just ordered one in white. I blame you Macandriver ;)

I'm married, so quite used to receiving and accepting blame.
Porsche code http://www.porsche-code.com/PHDZWZV6
Petrol S deposit 17 Oct 2015: Lockdown 6 Jun 2016: Collected 14 Oct 2016
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

So have we established that there isn't a decent match for Sapphire Blue available from any of the eBay sources?
microbe

Post by microbe »

I have just received my metallic blue key covers and they are much closer to night blue than sapphire blue. Which is good news for me as I have a night blue coming in December.

I didn't realise though that I was buying a pair so the plan of differentiating the two keys with it will have to be looked at again OR I could use just one.
Porsche Macan S - www.porsche-code.com/PHH2H4S9
goron59

Post by goron59 »

So have we established that there isn't a decent match for Sapphire Blue available from any of the eBay sources?

Can someone with a saphire blue car pop down to b&q and do a colour match and get a paint pot sample? Should be enough to paint it yourself.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
kaydee

Post by kaydee »

OK, so the blue covers have arrived - close, but not a match to Night Blue , sadly.
So now we have differentiated the two keys, the big question is - Carbon or blue for me?!!
www.porsche-code.com/PHK52P22
kaydee

Post by kaydee »

I have just received my metallic blue key covers and they are much closer to night blue than sapphire blue. Which is good news for me as I have a night blue coming in December.

I didn't realise though that I was buying a pair so the plan of differentiating the two keys with it will have to be looked at again OR I could use just one.

Where did you get your metallic blue ones from please? Are they a better match to Night Blue than the ones in my picture above? The picture shows Metallic Blue from Jewells Direct on eBay.
Cheers!

kaydee2016-10-21 13:00:47
www.porsche-code.com/PHK52P22
microbe

Post by microbe »

Where did you get your metallic blue ones from please? Are they a better match to Night Blue than the ones in my picture above? The picture shows Metallic Blue from Jewells Direct on eBay.
Cheers!

I got mine from Jewells as well.The colour is darker than your top picture but about the same colour as your bottom picture. It looks as if it is dependant on how the light strikes it. If it is direct then the blue looks light but if there is any angle then it looks darker.
Porsche Macan S - www.porsche-code.com/PHH2H4S9
Guy

Post by Guy »

If you really need to pimp up your key how about this understated addition? Smile