Macan ...the Movie...OMG

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
HRPOWER

Post by HRPOWER »

Ok so after shooting this vlog edition and my first experience with the Macan, I am frankly blown away...

Needless to say I want one... like NOW..

So ....

What do I need to look out for? New or used? Service Costs?

Hope you like the film

[TUBE]_ND8V_D-RU4[/TUBE]

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Neat video, how did you get PEC access in that detail to make it?

Which version do you want?

Assuming an S then go to the configurator and add in what you want.

Extras to include as a starter

PASM
20" spyder wheels
PS+
Spare wheel
Pano sunroof
SatNav
Connect+
Sports Chrono

Plus other extras you want

Aim for £10-15k in extras, if you go more then consider GTS.

If you want the ultimate then Turbo with PP

If you want a great GT then its a standard Turbo

If you mile munch at a steady speed then its an SD

So its a Macan in the £55-85k price range

Or

Second user, an SD is more likely to be available, an S is like hens teeth, no chance of a GTS unless its at a premium, the Turbo will be there but in short supply due to its low numbers.

Service costs, its a Porsche they are not to bad but its two years between servicing.

Be warned there is no better mid sized SUV, so it will become addictive
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

Welcome HRPOWER now the addictions to the configurator start..enjoy..

Good advice from Col Lamb, which ever veriant you choose I'm sure you'll be smitten.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGj3NIA8 spec.
EviL Ras

Post by EviL Ras »

Nice video! I assume some of it was stock footage? And which drone did you use for the day? Inspire?

And what mic is that? Desperately need a mic that good with my voice! Between us, we could conquer the airwaves!

Stick up a code when you're ready and I'll start telling G you to paint it red! Haha!
Carmine and Partial Garnet GTS Delivered Jan 17' www.porsche-code.com/PHE2IGH7
Our collection video - https://youtu.be/B-HvzRYztqc
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Nice video! I assume some of it was stock footage? And which drone did you use for the day? Inspire?

And what mic is that? Desperately need a mic that good with my voice! Between us, we could conquer the airwaves!

Stick up a code when you're ready and I'll start telling G you to paint it red! Haha!

To answer your mike question by giving advice, I have a Rode Video Mike Pro which I use on my camera when recording video @ £150 or if you want something cheaper then the Rode Video Micro Mike is about £50

I used a Sennheiser ME 66 shotgun and a K6 module on the pro camcorder I used to have, now that was a great mike.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
MacFresh

Post by MacFresh »

Very professional vlog
PART X SD http://www.porsche-code.com/PHXAU6Q8 , delivered Aug16
CANCELLED GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PHCYY790 , delivery Mar17
NOW Panamera D 300hp 2015
goron59

Post by goron59 »

I quite like your vlogs. Are you actually going to buy a Macan then?
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
ALEX_MAC

Post by ALEX_MAC »

To answer your mike question by giving advice, I have a Rode Video Mike Pro which I use on my camera when recording video @ £150 or if you want something cheaper then the Rode Video Micro Mike is about £50

I used a Sennheiser ME 66 shotgun and a K6 module on the pro camcorder I used to have, now that was a great mike.

I've used many microphones for my work and can comment in particular on Sennheiser. Depends on the size you want really. If it's something small I recommend the Sennheiser MKH 8050. The ME 66 is a nice mic, but that's 30 year old technology.
Macan S Diesel ordered 10th March 2016, delivered 20th October 2016. Night blue / 20" RS Spyders / Agate Grey Adaptive Sport Seats / Air Suspension with PASM / Ventilated seats
Porsche code: PHZHFDH0
EviL Ras

Post by EviL Ras »

I've used many microphones for my work and can comment in particular on Sennheiser. Depends on the size you want really. If it's something small I recommend the Sennheiser MKH 8050. The ME 66 is a nice mic, but that's 30 year old technology.

Cheers both! I only have a Sony a6000 so no mic input. So i'll need to record on my phone and sync the audio! So i'll take a look at those mics!
Carmine and Partial Garnet GTS Delivered Jan 17' www.porsche-code.com/PHE2IGH7
Our collection video - https://youtu.be/B-HvzRYztqc
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

That 8050 is a great mike Alex, ideal for serious voice work when on the go, its only downside is its £650 price tag.

Mind you the 8050 on a DSLR would be an ideal combo.

I went to the NEC Photography Show earlier this year and spent all of £40 on the Rode micro mike, for all its diminutive size it is turning out to be great for everyday video work, not ideal for voice but its not intrusive.

A different option would be a lavalier AT Pro 70 or similar (a lapel mike like you see the TV presenters wearing)
Col
Macan Turbo