Macan ...the Movie...OMG

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Retired

Post by Retired »

Neat video, how did you get PEC access in that detail to make it?

Porsche press day.

Agree that presentation and technical quality is of a high standard.

Content not so good. Lost me at the beginning.

Good as a RR off road. No it is't.

Quiet as an S class / 7 series. Not really.

Roadholding / handling of a 911. I don't think so.

Having said that it's a great car and doesn't need such exaggerated assertions.

MacFresh

Post by MacFresh »

He is just being quirky, it's a vlog not a in-depth car review
PART X SD http://www.porsche-code.com/PHXAU6Q8 , delivered Aug16
CANCELLED GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PHCYY790 , delivery Mar17
NOW Panamera D 300hp 2015
Paul

Post by Paul »

I think its termed " journalistic licence" (and yes, the 4x4 hill climbing shot is of a Cayenne)

Nice video nonetheless, always good to hear someone "independant" confirming......

To answer some if the OP questions, if you want it NOW it will be used, and as Col says probably diesel who's residuals are softening but still way above most other brands. If you can find a used petrol it will be pricey.

Fixed price servicing costs are on the Porsche website....most dealerships will honour these but it pays to check.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
HRPOWER

Post by HRPOWER »

Hello Sorry for delay.

1 Thanks for the notes, good and not so good.

2 Agreed with everything said very balanced thoughts.

3 Great advice here thanks man!!!!!

4 Ok mics - I need more intel on the shotgun set up.

I use AVX - but for this Vlog - run and gun, I used the iPhone 6 and the Clip Mic Digital from Sennheiser the MKe2 version I have both.

For my other reviews when there is a bit more than "here's 20 minutes, say something useable without knowing anything about the car and have no time to shoot, cause we dont lend cars" I use the AVX direct into my camera - Auto Gain is an issue but no where near as bad as other DSLRs.

Mic on this Clip Mic Dig £200 odd one I think? MK2 and MKE2 Capsule. Prefer the cheap one £140 MK2.

5. Drove a desiel - and it felt v different. More road noise, less nice steering, i.e. too heavy, sound system bose was appalling. Slow, Slow gears, no torque - Not impressive at all. Sad - very sad. Air suspension made me feel sick. Car in review - what a difference... MIND BLOWN!

6. Yes press footage - wanted to put up something less polished than normal to see if people prefer more reaction based content on my boredom curve in stats, needed to fill out with narration, so used stock press footage. Yes press day.

7. Not sure what was unclear, at start, I tried to make it like a "tease" opener... cutting back in and out to build some intrigue in the first 10 seconds, i.e. also sum up the thoughts, early to encourage higher retention. Again I try all sorts of things to see what works what doesnt.

Was important to keep uploading and was lucky with no script, no storyboard, or time, I managed to hack a ton of crap links together into some form of marginally watchable report.

VanB

Post by VanB »

Pretty slick - looks like an audition tape for Top Gear!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
HRPOWER

Post by HRPOWER »

Thanks Van mate :)

VanB

Post by VanB »

I think some of the reaction is a little unwarranted even if I agree with some of the comments regarding the technical abilities of the car against others in the range. It was a good job well done. You should hook up with the guy on this forum who wants to do a series of videos to describe every aspect of the car. Can't remember who it is off the top of my head but use the search function.

BTW if you ad-libbed that then well done!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

You should hook up with the guy on this forum who wants to do a series of videos to describe every aspect of the car.  Can't remember who it is off the top of my head...

EviL, I think.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

One thing that does not compute is your comment (5) .... no torque.

You were driving a diesel and not a 2.0 wern't you, the SD has a shedload of torque, you just have to drive it in Sport or Sport+ mode. All Macans suffer from slow gears if in comfort mode, its not the lack of torque its the gearbox software map. More road noise is just not correct, I have had an SD and have a Turbo, both on the same sized wheels and rubber and if anything the Turbo has more road noise.

As for the Bose comments, what model year were you driving?

MY16 Bose had to be set up in the configs to get the best out of it, MY.17 sounds better as standard.

Not sure its worth £800 if its not a standard fitment.

AS can affect some people, but it does give a very smooth ride compared to standard and PASM. Its one of the extras that any person thinking of including really does have to test out thoroughly before ticking the box,

Good review and editing of your vblog btw.Col Lamb2016-10-31 22:32:14
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
EviL Ras

Post by EviL Ras »

You should hook up with the guy on this forum who wants to do a series of videos to describe every aspect of the car.  Can't remember who it is off the top of my head...

EviL, I think.

yes me. No not EVERY thing in the car! Just want to make some nice videos! Was half tempted to shoot a vlog with this grand tour thing, but changed my mind as I can't shoot near the tent!
Carmine and Partial Garnet GTS Delivered Jan 17' www.porsche-code.com/PHE2IGH7
Our collection video - https://youtu.be/B-HvzRYztqc