VanB

Post by VanB »

+1
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

I've noticed the suspension pump keeps making an ongoing noise when I open the door to enter.

The parking sensors are also randomly going off.

Without Air and just PASM, whatever you hear is nothing to do with the suspension.

My front sensors were going off when I braked. One end of the front number plate was not secure and moved less than ¼ inch, all fixed with a new sticky pad.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
Benz

Post by Benz »

Hope the problem is resolved quickly. Thankfully we don't hear of this sort of problem too often.
Good luck.
johnphiladelphia

Post by johnphiladelphia »

Well, it's been almost a week and now they need to "order in a part". I wonder what on earth could have gone wrong? Unfortunately OPC always ring at the worst possible time, so I can't really ask them to elaborate and put me through to the Service department.

Man, I'm getting a bit scared now - I'm having to drive over grassy banks and pot-holey roads a lot. Nothing too strenuous, and things I could manage even with a rear wheel drive with a bit of effort and careful maneuvering - if a Porsche SUV can't handle that over 18 days then it's going to be a long few years...
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Agategrey's car had a failed suspension strut following the same alarm in a similar period of time. Your OPC clearly remaining silent on the cause of the fault.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Paul

Post by Paul »

Although I think Agategrey was air susp?

Still, not very good information coming from the dealership....they should at least be able to say what part they have ordered to rectify the problem.....
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Spud

Post by Spud »

I had a similar problem with Macan 1, left it with the OPC for a few days , the gave me a Panamera, never did get to the bottom of it but iI never happened again, in the early days of the Macan (2014) any problems took several days to resolve as they had to push it down the line to Porsche UK so that the could log it and check if there were any similar problems within the Macan "world" ,
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

Fear not JohnPh after over 35kmiles in both steel and air suspension Macan's over all different terrains and to its maximum ability both suspension systems have been faultless.
I think you've been very unlucky and encountered a rair fault..hope it's all sorted soon as you'll soon forget all about it once your up and running.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGj3NIA8 spec.
johnphiladelphia

Post by johnphiladelphia »

An update:
Still haven't had the car back - apparently the rear control unit has gone due to water leakage. As a result I'll have to wait till next Monday for the part to come, then labour time, and then water testing.

Wow.

All the cars done is sat outside in the rain...

All the while I'm stuck with a Toyota Landcruiser, whilst not bad, has an agricultural engine with 0-60 time of 13 seconds. And no heated steering wheel.