Suspension System Fault

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
johnphiladelphia

Post by johnphiladelphia »

So this message appeared in my three week old Macan S Diesel.

I haven't even done anything mildly off roady in it!

Porsche Assistance are taking the car as I can't drive it up the Peak District home without fear of damaging the suspension further on those rural roads.

They've given me a BMW 3 series till it's fixed through Enterprise :/

If they have to keep it a while reckon I could get a Porsche replacement?

Anyone else had any issues like this and know how long it'll be out for?johnphiladelphia2016-11-22 11:11:14

Hunter

Post by Hunter »

That's mega disappointing for you.Is it air suspension ?
VanB

Post by VanB »

Someone else posted about air suspension failure just after delivery very recently
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
johnphiladelphia

I just got PASM, no air suspension.

Was really looking forward to driving it to to Leeds tomorrow as well.

I've noticed the suspension pump keeps making an ongoing noise when I open the door to enter.

The parking sensors are also randomly going off.

I haven't even been able to enjoy the car yet as I'm trying to gently run it in for the first 2000 miles!

Not too happy with my first Porsche experience so far...
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

I have PASM too with no air and haven't noticed any suspension noise when getting in the car. Parking sensors going off all the time definitely happens with mine too. I keep just turning them off, but then trying to remember to turn them back on when parking. Hope it's a speedy fix.
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

What a downer.

The OPC should be able to sort it hopefully without to much of a delay.

As for the sensors, there are adjustments within the settings to cut down on the sensitivity.

I have done this on my Macan after crawling along for 20 miles in Motorway roadworks with narrow lanes and large vehicles causing the damn system to go into hyper alarm mode.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Macandriver

Post by Macandriver »

Thanks Col, I will look at that. Our sensors work well, but could do with a little tweak so they don't go off in slow moving traffic. I'm looking forward to my first proper drive this weekend. I've only driven about 10 of the 500 miles the car has done so far. Mrs Macandriver keeps wanting to drive!
Porsche code http://www.porsche-code.com/PHDZWZV6
Petrol S deposit 17 Oct 2015: Lockdown 6 Jun 2016: Collected 14 Oct 2016
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Thanks Col, I will look at that. Our sensors work well, but could do with a little tweak so they don't go off in slow moving traffic. I'm looking forward to my first proper drive this weekend. I've only driven about 10 of the 500 miles the car has done so far. Mrs Macandriver keeps wanting to drive!

You are welcome

Enjoy the drive if you can beat your Mrs (who must have excellent taste btw) to the keys.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
johnphiladelphia

there goes my bb :/

I'll have to ring the OPC tonight and see what they've said.

Ah, didn't realise I could adjust the sensitivity! I should really read the manual...
LondonTed

Post by LondonTed »

I think I posted on this somewhere else.
I had this alert appear a couple of times in the first few hundred miles as well (SD collected in September, PASM, steel, not Air). On each occasion, pulling over and restarting the engine cleared the problem.
I called Porsche and their response was that Porsche run a two colour warning system. On red, stop driving and call Porsche immediately. On yellow, this is a "warning". If a yellow warning keeps appearing, then call Porsche and have it looked at. If it only appears a couple of times, but goes away after restarting the engine, then no need to do anything (unless it comes back regularly).
In my case, this occurred a few times (maybe three times, I can't quite recall) , but has not appeared since.
Porsche Code: PHP82Q77
Collected 04.09.2016!