Suspension System Fault

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Sportback

Post by Sportback »

I refer to an earlier post about the sensors..........is it possible to get them adjusted as to avoid cars making them go off in traffic?
SB
Macan S Diesel ordered 06/12/2014 - Locked Down 15/12/2015 - Delivered March 2016
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH5EKVU2

johnphiladelphia

Post by johnphiladelphia »

Yes - in short.
One can adjust the sensitivity it appears - a simple google search will reveal all; I found a guide with pics. I think the manual also clearly displays it.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Perhaps you could share a link to that johnp? There's nothing in the manual that I can find and I've tried an internet search too.

You can turn them on and off and adjust the volume, but adjusting the sensitivity?
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
gintonic

Post by gintonic »

I can't find anything in the manual either. You can switch it off using the button in the overhead console. You can adjust the volume of the warning tone as well.
johnphiladelphia

Ok, so given it had been more than two weeks, and still heard nothing from OPC, i wrote a complaint in to Porsche. Miraculously, I had a phone call the next day telling me the new control unit had been sourced and fitted with water testing all completed within half a day.

Now the question is - should i be worried about a car with water damage to the control unit? Apparently the rear sill drainage hadn't been fitted correctly from the factory, hence the water damage from the drain. I understand that I can reject a car within 30 days of purchase if there's a fault... Given I've spent all my savings on the Macan, I don't want to buy a problem...

Any thoughts guys?
Paul

Post by Paul »

You can reject a new car up to 6 months old without having to proove the fault was present at the point of purchase (after that the onus is on you to supply the proof.)
BUT, you need to give the dealership a number (I think 2 or 3 but things change) of opportunities to rectify the fault first.
It would appear as if they have done so, so you would struggle to reject. What you could ask for is written assurance from the dealership (Porsche won't) that any related issues will be covered and this for the duration if your ownership. I would also get written assurance that any area affected by the incorrectly fitted drain have bee completely dried (ask how) and corrosion proofed.
Let us know.Paul2016-12-07 10:10:25
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
johnphiladelphia

Thanks Paul. I'll do exactly that. I'm hopefully going to pick the car back up again tomorrow, and I'll ring in the morning to ask for some guarantees ready for the time of collection - I know they'll probably think i'm a little sh*t, but given all my savings have gone into this car, to say I'm nervous is an understatement.

Do you think this repair will have been logged/affect the resale value?
Paul

Post by Paul »

The repair will have been claimed under warranty so will be visible to any Porsche dealership.
I can't imagine that will have any bearing on re-sale whatsoever. The purchasing Porsche dealership will check the service history, see a warranty repair "replace suspension control unit" or whatever it might say and think nothing more. Of course, a non Porsche dealership won't even see this much....
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
johnphiladelphia

mind is at ease :)
bobmog

Post by bobmog »

Has anyone found out why the suspension alert comes on randomly?