Engine Noise #negativetopic

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
ibromo

Post by ibromo »

those that have read my Turbo collection review and other posts know I'm no troll and I'm certainly not Jumbo.

However this post is not positive...I love everything about the car apart from one thing...engine noise.

I've started to open it up after 3 tanks of fuel and the sound track is frankly pointless and really disappointing. I was ''travelling' with a Cayenne GTS and when we both opened up the gas, I could hear his noise more than mine. Speed and refinement is there, but the soul and spirit of Porsche engine noise is not.

If these type of things end up 911's I will worry for the volume of sales. The M4 write up in auto car also notes this as a serious issue with that car.

I know there is green etc and F1 is going through the same adjustment, it's just come as a shock.

When I kick down, I see the Turbo sign overtaken by the needle, speed feels great, but right now experience will take adjustment....and I hope his adjustment happens quickly.

Roy

Post by Roy »

The sound of the Turbo/Petrol seems good from outside, but seems the Macan is well insulated (quiet cabin) so you don't hear the roar when driving. Assuming the PSE when offered it will make things better, but if the car is well insulated how much better..... We don't want artificial sound like BMW.
SD - http://www.porsche-code.com/PH4YFGK7 Collected 1st March - Sold

GTS - http://www.porsche-code.com/PH6EC8N2 Collected 1st June 2016 - Sold
PhilK

Post by PhilK »

Am guessing this is just the way things are heading..... my last car was a Bentley Continental GT and, to be honest, I got quite addicted to a heavy performance shove in the back accompanied by muted noise!
Porsche Macan Diesel S
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

The Macan certainly is very quiet. I was amazed when I drove off in my Diesel S today for the first time today how quiet it was.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.