Looking after your Macan Battery - tricklecharger

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Guy

Post by Guy »

I am too embarrassed to say how long it is since I last drove my Macan, but it came as no surprise when earlier today I decide to go for a drive and got this message before starting!
The voltage was reading 10.8V, but it started fine! I would get a trickle-charger but there's nowhere to plug it in near my car!
It was clearly in some form of low power mode when I first unlocked it: Interior lights not working, and seat didn't move from the comfort entry position to my driving position until I pressed the memory switch on the door. Otherwise no problems and I drove around Bucharest for about an hour until Start-Stop started kicking in, then a bit more for good measure.
I also visited our local (only) Romanian Porsche dealer. Got the VIN checked for recall (needs DME update apparently) and got a quote for first service of €588 (about £500) which includes extra filters (due to dusty environment) and also Brake Fluid change. Seemed reasonable.
Lots of impressive cars at the OPC - new model Panameras, lots of Macans, loads of Cayennes. I sat in the showroom panny - black with (presumably) agate leather interior (very brown) and wood trim - colours not to my taste but a nice environment nevertheless!
Going for a longer touristy drive tomorrow, probably Transylvania. If my wife permits me to take them, photos will follow!

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Great that it gives you all this info and still starts Thumbs Up
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Photos sound good Thumbs Up
Guy

Post by Guy »

Photos sound good Thumbs Up

They do, but my wife likes to actually visit the castles, rather than taking Macan photos with them in the background! Wink
happy days

Post by happy days »

I also visited our local (only) Romanian Porsche dealer. Got the VIN checked for recall (needs DME update apparently) and got a quote for first service of €588 (about £500) which includes extra filters (due to dusty environment) and also Brake Fluid change. Seemed reasonable

Might be worth a drive to Romania to get the car serviced....?

+1 on the photos!
Macan S D
718 S
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Good info Guy. Thumbs Up

I would love to know how long it was since you lats started. I swap between cars and i have left some for 3-4 weeks with absolutely no problems but not left the Macan that long... Yet....

Share with us. We are all friends Thumbs Up
GTS 😀
Guy

Post by Guy »

Good info Guy. Thumbs Up

I would love to know how long it was since you lats started. I swap between cars and i have left some for 3-4 weeks with absolutely no problems but not left the Macan that long... Yet....

As you asked so nicely ... New Year's Eve! Embarrassed (but don't tell anyone else!)
Mind you, despite temperatures outside down to -20C, I don't think the underground car park dropped below about 12C, so good 'battery preservation' conditions, clearly Smile.
Guy

Post by Guy »

I also visited our local (only) Romanian Porsche dealer. Got the VIN checked for recall (needs DME update apparently) and got a quote for first service of €588 (about £500) which includes extra filters (due to dusty environment) and also Brake Fluid change. Seemed reasonable

Might be worth a drive to Romania to get the car serviced....?

+1 on the photos!

If it helps persuade you, this is just up the road Smile
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Good info Guy. Thumbs Up

As you asked so nicely ... New Year's Eve! Embarrassed (but don't tell anyone else!)
Mind you, despite temperatures outside down to -20C, I don't think the underground car park dropped below about 12C, so good 'battery preservation' conditions, clearly Smile.

Thanks Guy. its our secret shhhhh. LOL

I feel very confident leaving my car for a few weeks.
That is impressive that it started up and away it went.

GTS 😀
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Who's the woman that's been told not to go near your car? LOL
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver