Looking after your Macan Battery - tricklecharger

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
happy days

Post by happy days »

I also visited our local (only) Romanian Porsche dealer. Got the VIN checked for recall (needs DME update apparently) and got a quote for first service of €588 (about £500) which includes extra filters (due to dusty environment) and also Brake Fluid change. Seemed reasonable

Might be worth a drive to Romania to get the car serviced....?

+1 on the photos!

If it helps persuade you, this is just up the road Smile

Hmmm.. Just looked 1,509 miles to Bucharest for me. With the round trip, it would almost be time to get another service when I got back!
Macan S D
718 S

Guy

Post by Guy »

Who's the woman that's been told not to go near your car? LOL

LOLLOLLOL
I've actually got some very amusing dash-cam footage of her a few minutes earlier, taking selfies when she thought no-one was looking!
But sometimes I even let her drive! Smile
Nezamep

Post by Nezamep »

I use the CTEK 4.3, https://wheelstips.com/best-car-battery-charger which charges at 4.3A vs the one posted earlier which charges at 7.2.

For charging times you can do the math. The battery in my 335i is 100AH IIRC, so charging from 0 to 100AH at 4A would take 25 hours.
Just curious - I did have a battery almost completely discharge on my R1200R when I used the 4 in "CanBus" trigger mode to charge it through the accessory port. Turns out - it does turn on the accessory port and charges the bike, but simply disconnecting it doesn't turn OFF the accessory port, and the accessory port is wired in parallel with the GPS power/signal plug, and a Garmin Zumo 660 in it's cradle - even off - does draw enough to discharge the battery within about a week if the accessory port (and whatever else the ZFE turned on) isn't turned off.

The trick there - when done charging it via the accessory port - cycle the ignition one time to turn off the port (and GPS connection.)
On YouTube there are a lot of interesting videos on this topic, I will share with you, one of them, hope this will help someone. Good luck
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Another thread resurrection I am afraid, so please bear with me as I learn about my new car.
As we go away over the winter, I store my cars in Carcoons with a battery conditioner attached.
On my F-Type and also on the Beemer we are pxing, due to some quirk in the electronics, supposedly due to the stop start system it is not recommended to connect a battery conditioner directly to the battery.
With the F-Type it's onto the positive side of a fuse box in the boot and the body earth. On the Beemer there is a positive connection under the bonnet and then to a body earth.
Is this the same with the Macan or do people just connect directly to the battery without issue?
Thanks Rob
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

I use a CTEK directly connected to the battery terminals under the bonnet without any issue. If outside the cable can go in through the gap between bonnet and windscreen

So not directly to the battery but where Porsche tell you to put jump leads if needed
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Madelvic wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:56 pm I use a CTEK directly connected to the battery terminals under the bonnet without any issue. If outside the cable can go in through the gap between bonnet and windscreen

So not directly to the battery but where Porsche tell you to put jump leads if needed
Great thanks👍
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White
jkwade

Post by jkwade »

JurassicMacan wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:45 pm Another thread resurrection I am afraid, so please bear with me as I learn about my new car.
As we go away over the winter, I store my cars in Carcoons with a battery conditioner attached.
On my F-Type and also on the Beemer we are pxing, due to some quirk in the electronics, supposedly due to the stop start system it is not recommended to connect a battery conditioner directly to the battery.
With the F-Type it's onto the positive side of a fuse box in the boot and the body earth. On the Beemer there is a positive connection under the bonnet and then to a body earth.
Is this the same with the Macan or do people just connect directly to the battery without issue?
Thanks Rob
I hard wired a socket into the side panel of the boot allowing easy direct access to a charge point and being able to leave the charger in the boot secure

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=9795&p=195678#p195678