Adding Apps To CarPlay?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Guy

Post by Guy »

wilko wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:03 pm Yes. It disappeared yesterday for me

Apparently the 'fix' is to uninstall and then re-install Deezer.

happy days

Post by happy days »

I haven't found one single app that is useful in carplay. They're mostly radio stations or US sports sites.
Macan S D
718 S
Guy

Post by Guy »

happy days wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:53 pm I haven't found one single app that is useful in carplay. They're mostly radio stations or US sports sites.

I don't have it in my 'old' Macan, but on my last few visits to UK I have found the Carplay Apple Maps feature very useful in hire cars (as I am far too tight to pay extra for satnav! :D )
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

happy days wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:53 pm I haven't found one single app that is useful in carplay. They're mostly radio stations or US sports sites.
As Guy has said, Apple Maps.

I find that where I use my Macan mostly Apple Map gives more accurate Traffic information.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

I like podcasts and audiobooks. Sometimes a good break from listening to music on a long journey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Col M

Post by Col M »

Ha! Just found on the iPhone under Settings>General>CarPlay I can select Porsche and move Spotify & TuneIn onto the first page.

(Learning both Porsche and Apple at the same time)
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Old Timer

Post by Old Timer »

Castro 2 works well on CarPlay. I found the rehashed podcast player Apple provided after my iPhone update to iOS 11 very awkward to use when driving. It was difficult to get one podcast to follow another without fiddling with the screen.

By contrast Castro provides a simple Queue screen, where you can re-arrange podcasts and then set the thing to play them, one after another. Eyes on the road, hands on the steering wheel, feet relaxed with ACC.
£3.99 from the App Store but worth it.
DS delivered 30th September 2016. Final spec code PHFK81G7.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Whats the story behind your avatar Old Timer?

OK, just seen it elsewhere.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA