MPG (Petrol)

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
MBB

Post by MBB »

Sorry to hear you have a build quality issue and hope the OPC sorts it out promptly. I have had nothing but exemplary service from Guildford, which is why I have stayed with the marque over 7 years.

Initially was tempted by the new RRS but having experienced arrogant, non-existent service from a JLR dealer, cancelled my deposit and so pleased I did as there is a tirade of abuse from owners on their forum - http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/general-14my-vf36.html

Always going to be a few teething problems with a new model but reading the other forum did not fill me with confidence in LR dealerships. IMO Porsche are very good at sorting out any issues, please let us know how you get on.
992 Carrera S expected September 2019
SD No.2 delivered May 2016 http://www.porsche-code.com/PHW8RA11
Macan 1 SD delivered July 2014

ibromo

Post by ibromo »

ok - things are improving, managed to get better noise out the engine on a cross country jaunt. MPG of 14.8 over 38 miles. Thats really positive, c63 would be single digit! A prudent purchase!
pacmeoff

Post by pacmeoff »

Pacmeoff what other problems are you having ??

1. Alarm - Having to disable to prevent flase alarms.

2. Black trim on the rear passenger door by rear quarter window cracked

3. Rattle on rear passenger door trim

4. Knock when turning/weight transfer somewhere in the rear

5. One shot window opening/closing does not work on either front windows - manual reset tried

6. Passenger front door - paint scratched on delivery - waiting to see if it can be polished out

7. Driver's door opened onto the wing/bonnet and chipped leading edge of door paint - Panel Gap is not consistent with the passenger side.

Done less than 500 miles - not impressed

And I suspect the drivers door will now need to be respray to repair damage done by the door panel gap.

First Porsche not impressed, I have had more issues with this car in the last 3 week than I have with 2 Jag XF, 1 Jag XK and a Range Rover Sport in the last five years. so much for German build quality.

Let's hope Porsche customer service redeems itself.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Ooooh not good news and that would really take the shine off any new car.
I hope things are resolved to your satisfaction, I have to say no such problems with mine (alarm excluded).
Get on the dealers case and get things resolved ASAP.
pacmeoff

Post by pacmeoff »

Ooooh not good news and that would really take the shine off any new car.
I hope things are resolved to your satisfaction, I have to say no such problems with mine (alarm excluded).
Get on the dealers case and get things resolved ASAP.

Been to the dealer today, they have moved the bonnet back a touch to resolve the issue with the door. Book in to get all of the work done in June.
They seem to be dealing with the issues in a professional manner so I'm happy with that.
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Pacmeoff what other problems are you having ??

1. Alarm - Having to disable to prevent flase alarms.

2. Black trim on the rear passenger door by rear quarter window cracked

3. Rattle on rear passenger door trim

4. Knock when turning/weight transfer somewhere in the rear

5. One shot window opening/closing does not work on either front windows - manual reset tried

6. Passenger front door - paint scratched on delivery - waiting to see if it can be polished out

7. Driver's door opened onto the wing/bonnet and chipped leading edge of door paint - Panel Gap is not consistent with the passenger side.

Done less than 500 miles - not impressed

And I suspect the drivers door will now need to be respray to repair damage done by the door panel gap.

First Porsche not impressed, I have had more issues with this car in the last 3 week than I have with 2 Jag XF, 1 Jag XK and a Range Rover Sport in the last five years. so much for German build quality.

Let's hope Porsche customer service redeems itself.

Sorry to hear of your issues Paul. Have just come back from a weeks holiday in the Med and was worried my alarm might go off whilst I was away. No need to have worried as no messages from Cobra. So far so good -no false alarms since delivery.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Parson911

Post by Parson911 »

First decent run today in heavy rain, mixed A roads and dual carriage ways so 65 - 75 ish returned 38.9mpg. I love this car. I know that there could be reliability pitfalls long term with Air suspension but oh boy! It's sublime, nothing gets trough to the cabin, no nose dive under braking, the last thing that I added to my list, so pleased I did. Went to fill up at a Shell station with their V power diesel and the nozzle didn't fit, odd that.Told the bloke in the kiosk and he just went bog eyed and said oowa or something like that. Moved on!
Malk

Post by Malk »

Fit ok down this end of the world!!
Diesel S Taken delivery 12/04/14
Replaced 4/7/14
Sold back to OPC 10/10/15
Now proud owner of 3rd Macan Volcano Grey 2.0T **WHICH IS UP FOR SALE**
Ordered 1st Edition XC40 T5 :o

http://www.porsche-code.com/PHW6XE96
Parson911

Post by Parson911 »

That's probably why he said oowa, I'll try other garages.
Malk

Post by Malk »

That's probably why he said oowa, I'll try other garages.

You did get right hole? Weren't trying to fill the AdBlue with diesel?!! Malk2014-05-30 09:09:11
Diesel S Taken delivery 12/04/14
Replaced 4/7/14
Sold back to OPC 10/10/15
Now proud owner of 3rd Macan Volcano Grey 2.0T **WHICH IS UP FOR SALE**
Ordered 1st Edition XC40 T5 :o

http://www.porsche-code.com/PHW6XE96