Minis

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
John_M

Post by John_M »

Anyone tempted...

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/austin/maxi/207767

Looking at some of those - I could have doubled the money I paid for my Maxi 30 years ago if I had kept it - I am not sure what I'd do with an extra £250 mind you

Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

I have been ready this thread and has been very useful.
I have never owned a Mini but funny enough we are considering a brand new one as an additional car.
Probably an 5 Door Hatch Cooper S petrol with Sport Automatic or Mini Countryman S All4.

My primary concerns are reliability.
From the owners especially the newer models have they generally been reliable etc?
Any info / advise will be much appreciated.

They really are a very cool looking car imo.
GTS 😀
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I have never owned a Mini but funny enough we are considering a brand new one as an additional car.
Probably an 5 Door Hatch Cooper S petrol with Sport Automatic or Mini Countryman S All4.

From the owners especially the newer models have they generally been reliable etc?

There is a new version of the Countryman SE with 4wd and its a Hybrid that is due about mid year.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Virage11

Post by Virage11 »

I have had two Cooper Ss and my mum one 2011 Countryman Cooper D - no problems to report!
Current Porsches: 991.2 GT3 RS
Previous Porsches: Macan x4 (one of each), Panamera x2, 996x2, 997x2, Cayenne S, Boxster S, Cayman S x2, Boxster Spyder, 991.1 Turbo S, 991.2 GT3 (manual), 718 Cayman GTS (PDK)
Others: way too many...
Sim_Nugget

Post by Sim_Nugget »

I have had a 5 door Cooper S loan car for the last few months. The brand, brand new ones are a big step up in interior quality over the previous generations.

No trouble in 2500 miles and reasonably whizzy when put in sport mode. May not be a huge amount of room in the back if you were transporting adults but at least it is 5 doors!

Recommended, although a Golf may be cheaper as VW are pushing hard at the mo.

S
2017 Turbo - Night Blue / Expresso
BMW M2
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Thanks Col, Virage and Sim Nugget.

Believe it or not it's between a new Audi S5 or a Mini. ( I can hear you all now going WTF)
I just cannot stand that iPad stuck on the dash on the Audi (and I am an Audi owner and fan)
Wife has loved Mini for years so may be sensible decision later this year until Audi do something with the iPad on dash.
It's an additional car so don't need too much space etc.

Have to go and see some and work out the options
GTS 😀
Parson911

Post by Parson911 »

My missus has a 2010 Mini Cooper. Just done 20k and it's a little cracker. Weird really as I really like it. It's funky and different. It makes my mates wife's Polo look boring and feel gutless. Agree, don't like the run flats but love everything else. I keep saying it's about time we upgraded as it's 7 years old this April but wife says no. All the more for me to spend. Now,,,,,, that 4th Macan!!!!😁😜
Spud

Post by Spud »

My missus has a 2010 Mini Cooper. Just done 20k and it's a little cracker. Weird really as I really like it. It's funky and different. It makes my mates wife's Polo look boring and feel gutless. Agree, don't like the run flats but love everything else. I keep saying it's about time we upgraded as it's 7 years old this April but wife says no. All the more for me to spend. Now,,,,,, that 4th Macan!!!!😁😜

👍
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
Boxster Boy

Post by Boxster Boy »

The Maxi was a Tardis and the Macan the opposite - barely bigger cabin than the VW Golf.Confused

When I first sat in a Panamera (at the original launch) it reminded me of the Austin Princess - snug in the front and cavernous in the back!
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

So we had a look at the new Countryman S All 4 as an additional car last week.
It's actually very nice and build quality / interior is pretty good. Plenty of options to keep both of us happy and the July builds should also have Apple CarPlay too 😀

Wife and I will have a test drive in one on Monday. Hope the ride is not too harsh (not going for run flats).
GTS 😀