Minis

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

After some great help from some forum members (Thank you) my wife had her Mini countryman S All 4 delivered to add to our family.
Fully Gtechniq detailed too.
Some of the Sapphire Macans and Simon's RED Panamera helped make a decision on our colour choice to brighten up our roads. :D
Ohh and its a Mini which for some reason gives you a license to make it look as crazy as you like....

Its a fantastic fun car to drive and a lot of room inside. The boot is 450 ltrs and the kids have plenty of space in the back too.
I added a lot of extras but thats generally what i do anyway. Tick too many boxes but i never regret and is for my use and not the next buyer.
Build quality is good and the full leather is nice and comfy. Huge improvements over previous revisions.
The Tech is great and uses the BMW idrive system and has wireless Apple carplay with an 8.8" touch screen display.. Memory electric seats, Parking camera, LED Lights, Electric folding mirrors, heated seats and the list goes on.

I considered the EV version which would have been a little cheaper with the same options (10k worth) but unfortunately it didn't drive the same due to battery weight, no option to move the back seats forward / back and you lose 50ltr boot space just to name a few issues for me. Maybe in a few years time an EV will not feel like a compromise for me as it could suit our needs perfectly as an additional car.

Service was good from dealer too.
When i get back into the Macan it makes the Macan feel so luxurious and very comfy.
2 great cars but completely different and will be used differently too :D

IMG_2990.JPG

IMG_2989.JPG

IMG_2988.JPG

IMG_2987.JPG

GTS πŸ˜€

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Looks stunning, great choice of variant and colour.

Agree about the EV version, not impressed by the range or the compromise of a rubbish tiny 3 pot engine with it.

If I was to change from the Turbo the Countryman S would currently be my choice. Its size is right and my Mrs would not have the problems getting in and out of it like she does with the Macan (height challenged).
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

That looks the business, Kas. Nice one.

I now have 14K on my SD and I am thinking more and more about getting a GTS and also changing my wife's Citroen C2 Loeb which is 11yrs old and currently on 11,000 miles (many of which I have done since owning the SD and trying to limit the mileage!!)

She likes the Mini, as I do, so it would be a case of using the Mini and GTS to share the mileage.

Then again, I'm somewhat reluctant to buy another Macan until I know what plans Porsche have for the next generation :roll:
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Thanks Col and Barry.

Barry I have done that for a number of years and swap between cars. Keeps the millage low on all cars and makes them very easy to sell 😊

11k in a few months. I just sold my 5 year old Audi with 11k. Got 40% of what I paid for it too πŸ˜€

The mini is great fun and in combination with the GTS it keeps us all happy.
The Mini configurator has almost as many boxes as Porsche. πŸ™„
The handling on the mini is very impressive and I have NON run flats on 18" so the ride is pretty good.
You do hear the engine a fair bit while driving but turning up the music resolves that 😊
61 ltr fuel tank also allows for plenty of driving withought filling up too often. That cost Β£50.
So Porsche do give you something for nothing πŸ˜‚

It's just so much fun....
GTS πŸ˜€
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Looks great, Kas! Love the white and bright blue colour scheme! Thanks for bringing another ray of sunshine to our roads! 😎
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Wing Commander wrote: ↑Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:19 pm Looks great, Kas! Love the white and bright blue colour scheme! Thanks for bringing another ray of sunshine to our roads! 😎
Thanks Simon. Before we picked the colour I took a good look at the cars on our roads and i am as guilty as they come over the years of sticking with the greys etc etc.

Right colour for the right car for us πŸ˜€

Ohhh and I still love Saphire on the Macan so it's as close as I am going to get st the moment πŸ˜‰
GTS πŸ˜€
Paul

Post by Paul »

Kasfranks99 wrote: ↑Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:12 pm
Wing Commander wrote: ↑Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:19 pm Looks great, Kas! Love the white and bright blue colour scheme! Thanks for bringing another ray of sunshine to our roads! 😎

Ohhh and I still love Saphire on the Macan so it's as close as I am going to get st the moment πŸ˜‰
Smart move - test out the Sapphire look-alike on the wife first before taking the plunge yourselfπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Paul wrote: ↑Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:40 pm
Kasfranks99 wrote: ↑Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:12 pm

Smart move - test out the Sapphire look-alike on the wife first before taking the plunge yourselfπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Shhhhh she might hear you πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

It's actually your Macan and the one at PEC which had a big influence πŸ‘
GTS πŸ˜€
Paul

Post by Paul »

πŸ‘πŸ·
(Commision cheque in the post?πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ·)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
EvenDave

Post by EvenDave »

I’ve got a JCW Coupe in the garage that my wife uses (reluctantly) when I’m away for the day in the Macan. Have to say I love driving it round the country roads from time to time. It doesn’t compare with the Macan in any way really but it makes me smile and reminds me of the Mini 1000 I loved about 35 years ago.