Minis

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Sim_Nugget

Post by Sim_Nugget »

Anyone else enjoy a bit in Mini love?

I have a Mini John Cooper Cooper Works incoming soon and have had two R56s JCWs in the past.

S
2017 Turbo - Night Blue / Expresso
BMW M2

Frenchy

Post by Frenchy »

Yes, have a cooper s, lot of fun but can t wait to enjoy my Macan... like all members of this site.

Who knows, one day I will be driving a mini Macan
Macan GTS - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHWGUL86
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Yep, had a 1963 850 and loved it.

Then bought a new Mini in 2003 and we loved that.

Have my name down to test drive a JCW Clubman when they get a demo of the new version in the dealers also name down to test drive one of the new Countrymen Hybrids in anout July/August.

All because we bought Daughter a one year old second hand Mini and whilst she was out on her test drive I sat in one of the present Countryman's and loved it.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Like original Minis; not so much newer ones, though the comedy countryman ones are entertaining. JCW variants probably a larf - would like to track one of them.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
madblue

Post by madblue »

Oh yeah, loving the Minis!

Currently have an R53 (1st generation Cooper S) overseas, and in the UK the wife has an F56 (3rd generation Cooper S). Prior to the Macan, had an R60 (Countryman Cooper S).

The Countryman didn't have enough power for its size, and we needed something with a bigger boot, hence the Macan, however still love driving the hatches. The wife was away last weekend, and I did sneak a few drives in her F56 down some country lanes. It's got great acceleration when set to sports mode, and using the flappy paddles, and feels so light and nimble to manoeuvre. Still surprises me how good it is, even though I could be tempted with a Challenge 210!
Delivered end of Oct'16: http://www.porsche-code.com/PHRT3PA5
Sim_Nugget

Post by Sim_Nugget »

Like original Minis; not so much newer ones, though the comedy countryman ones are entertaining. JCW variants probably a larf    - would like to track one of them.

I was in a supermarket car park last year and a Macan was parked next to a Countryman - there was not much difference in physical size between them, I was shocked.

I tracked both my R56 Minis - an absolute hoot but hard work inside going back to a manual. The JCWs are definitely up to the job. Previously I was used to AMG Mercedes which were more of a PlayStation style point and squirt experience, faster but nowhere near as involving.

S
2017 Turbo - Night Blue / Expresso
BMW M2
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Passed my test in one, but that was a long time ago.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
SirNomis

Post by SirNomis »

For sure, picked up a fully-loaded new F56 JCW Hatch last April. Although not particularly rapid, it doesn't really matter as they do drive so well, the "go-kart feel" is pretty genuine.

Had an issue early on with the air conditioning pipe pointing into the passenger footwell, became rather soggy until it went back in to be fixed. Couple of other niggles, typical Mini really, never a dull moment, good or bad!

Overall though, a lot of fun to be had. Totally impractical as a main car, though as a secondary motor to enjoy and use pretty much daily, it's superb. The JCW Pro Exhaust sounds excellent.

SirNomis2017-02-16 09:14:03
moonigan

Post by moonigan »

I had and R56 JCW until last summer. I'd owned it for a few years and it ended up being a third car so I put some Ohlins dampers/springs on it, some track rubber and went on a few track days. One of the most fun cars I've had but fear of timing belt failure and lack of use prompted me to sell it.

I did have my name down on one of the F56 JCW Challenge Edition cars but that turned into a fiasco and I cancelled the order.

Mini JCW Oulton Park 2015 by Paul Monaghan, on Flickr moonigan2017-02-16 09:49:16
FMR

Post by FMR »

Learnt to drive in one of 1st generation minis - great cars. Taken in by the MINI BMW hype and ordered a 2009 cooper D Auto. **** up with the order meant they had to order another. Good for the wife, no boot to put any shopping in. Passed on to my son to pass his test. Easy to learn in an auto. Sump "corroded" at four years old. "Its never happened before" No loyalty from MINI with the £1200 repair. Build quality is rubbish, (just try the volume knob) would never go near another. They seem to have "grown" in every shape and form and to me lost thier true identity. Have to admire the BMW/MINI marketing though.We still have it to pop into town/station etc. Should'nt knock it too much though its my daily driver while I wait for March 1st. Coming from the Macan I feel, and probably look like Mr Bean.
New Macan Turbo Mar 20
991 C4GTS Mar 19
Macan TPP Mar 17 sold
Macan GTS Mar 16 sold