Bicycle Rear

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
gw76

Post by gw76 »

Sorry, this might be a daft question that might horrify some, but is it feasible to put a (non-folding) standard average size mountain bike in the rear with the back seats flat down? anyone tried it?

John_M

Post by John_M »

Having done it in my current car (though large MTB) - I will not be trying in Macan as there are several chips on bumper from brake levers touching.
Captain Sponge

Post by Captain Sponge »

I regularly put one or more bikes in the back of my Macan. I do drop the wheels of them and bag the frames and wheels......

I prefer to have them inside than on a rack for varied reasons....
MasterVolt

Post by MasterVolt »

I had the electronic towbar for a rear thule 3 bike carrier which is not cheap solution but is really good.
Previously used roof carriers but the macan is too high to be lifting MTB on to roof bars for me.
you would get a full sized mtb in the back easily with the wheels off, possibly only need front wheel out.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHT75JR0
gw76

Post by gw76 »

Thanks!
Obebiker

Post by Obebiker »

I regularly put my quite large full suspension mountain bike in back of Macan.....sometimes mud and all, have to remove the wheels, lowering the seat makes things easier. I put a blanket down first and vacuum up afterwards. I have the electric towbar too, it's great for carrying bikes.