Maserati Levante

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Spud

Post by Spud »

Pulled up in a car park today and parked next to a Levante, first chance I have had to have a close look at it, have to say I was impressed with the interior finish and layout, also liked the looks on the outside
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1

jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

Pulled up in a car park today and parked next to a Levante, first chance I have had to have a close look at it, have to say I was impressed with the interior finish and layout, also liked the looks on the outside
"Nice" I remember the one we saw in Aberystwyth bud. those were the days.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGj3NIA8 spec.
Spud

Post by Spud »

Happy days true, was really taken with it, just down in Cornwall for a few days passed a few Turbo,s and GTS,S on the M5 on the way down 😜 and still got 40+ mpg 👍Spud2017-05-06 20:52:40
GTS Delivered April 2018
jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

Happy days true, was really taken with it, just down in Cornwall for a few days passed a few Turbo,s and GTS,S on the M5 on the way down 😜 and still got 40+ mpg 👍
were they on a transportation lorry spud..
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGj3NIA8 spec.
Spud

Post by Spud »

Happy days true, was really taken with it, just down in Cornwall for a few days passed a few Turbo,s and GTS,S on the M5 on the way down 😜 and still got 40+ mpg 👍
were they on a transportation lorry spud..

😂😂
GTS Delivered April 2018
jesim1

Post by jesim1 »

The looks don't match the ride unfortunately.

I took a test drive in the 3L petrol twin turbo a few weeks ago and was glad to get back into the Macan SD. I'm not saying it was a bad drive, it was fine, but when you have a Macan it just does nothing for you. If it was the other way around however I think most people would trade in the Maserati and buy a Macan after their test. The Levanti is good looking, and way better than the Ghibli which I found rough and noisy, but it's not as refined or quiet as the Macan - even my diesel! and you can tell it's softer set up too, so does not handle in the same league as the Macan.

In summary - you would have a Levanti and move up to a Macan, not the other way around. If there was a significant saving it may steal Porsche customers, but it's as much money for a lesser car, so I think they will remain as exclusive in the future as they are now.

James

Spud

Post by Spud »

I took a test drive in the 3L petrol twin turbo a few weeks ago and was glad to get back into the Macan SD. I'm not saying it was a bad drive, it was fine, but when you have a Macan it just does nothing for you. If it was the other way around however I think most people would trade in the Maserati and buy a Macan after their test. The Levanti is good looking, and way better than the Ghibli which I found rough and noisy, but it's not as refined or quiet as the Macan - even my diesel! and you can tell it's softer set up too, so does not handle in the same league as the Macan.

In summary - you would have a Levanti and move up to a Macan, not the other way around. If there was a significant saving it may steal Porsche customers, but it's as much money for a lesser car, so I think they will remain as exclusive in the future as they are now.

James

Just read a review on the internet James that would confirm everything you say, shame as it's a nice looking car, still I do think anything would seem a compromise compared to the Macan 👍
GTS Delivered April 2018
boreas7

Post by boreas7 »

James

Phew, Thanks for that. I saw one in Spain and it looked fabulous, particularily the toffee coloured leather interior. Whilst I love the Macan to bits, it did make me think again. I can rest easy, although in truth I would seriously worry about buying a Maser. of any vintage let alone a new model that has yet to bed in and have all its design issues sorted.
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

We've had one Maserati in the company and never again! It was unreliable, lost a fortune and wasn't particularly quick for the cash involved.
There still isn't a Maserati as quick as the Macan Turbo; i'd have thought the Grand Cabrio would have got there by now.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Whilst I've always hankered after a Masser - thank you Mr Moss and Dinky Toys - I think the front of the Levante is a horror. And thank you Tim92 - I now feel that hunger waning!
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀