Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

Sat Nav

i)
On a recent trip that took me near Manchester Airport, the sat
nav failed to detect or detail a main dual carriageway that I needed to drive
along to get to my final destination. Therefore I don't think the sat nav
software is up to date.

If it's the dual carriageway I'm thinking of, I have a feeling it went "live" a couple of weeks ago, so that might explain the lack of detail.

Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

I've seen the cameras go blank a couple of times recently - so yes interested in if there is a fix .

Had a clunk from near rear-side but pretty sure that is the jack bouncing over pot holes
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Sat nav map is out of date (by at least 1 year) but that doesn't really surprise me. These things are always out of date for minor things. The one near us is irrelevant although I have just looked and Google maps is correct.
Rams

Post by Rams »

Can the sat nav be easily updated?
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

I've had the surround view blank out once during my first week with the car. Switching the PCM on and off had no effect, but switching the ignition off and leaving it for a while seemed to do the trick.

No problems with it during the last 8 weeks, though.
Dolomite Silver Macan GTS Gen 2 (www.porsche-code.com/PLBT3XT5)
Rhodium Silver Macan GTS (sold)
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

I think I may have had 1 instance too of the camera issue but considering I have used the camera 100+ times that's not bad.
We should all remember there are computers and software controlling everything and the odd issue will happen from time to time. Just like our mobiles and computers give us odd glitches. Idea is they should be only odd glitches and nothing more.

Just don't want it to happen at a critical moment.
GTS ๐Ÿ˜€
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Can the sat nav be easily updated?

If you have connect plus this can be done directly from the pcm and downloaded over the internet.
If not I assume you would need to contact your dealer to arrange.
GTS ๐Ÿ˜€
JBA

Post by JBA »

Quick update:
Car booked in today and local OPC very helpful.
Initial feedback is that PCM and surround system showing no faults.
Nav will be updated.
Steering wheel will be lubricated.
Car will be held overnight and re-tested tomorrow.
Will update with detail and conclusion following return of the car.

PS My loan car is a brand new SD and I must say that it is just as impressive as my GTS. Just proves the comments by all members on this forum ie diesel or petrol Macans are equally outstanding.
(This despite overhearing another customer complaining about the bunged up DPF and how she wouldn't have bought a diesel if she'd known you have to run it on a motorway every week etc. Seems the OPC are getting quite a few complaints about this. Perhaps covered elsewhere on the forum.)
Macan GTS Mark 1 - bought new 2017 and sold 2024
Macan GTS Mark 3 - bought new 2024
Macandriver

Post by Macandriver »

A little late but...

No problems with steering wheel or surround cameras, however SatNav sometimes gives opposite directions at the same time (e.g. left on verbal cue whilst right on visual cue). Last week it had us driving in a field parallel to the road we were on; we drive that road daily for the school run and it's normally fine. Very odd.

I have also found it difficult to select music via album cover images. It often plays the one either side of the one I've selected.
Porsche code http://www.porsche-code.com/PHDZWZV6
Petrol S deposit 17 Oct 2015: Lockdown 6 Jun 2016: Collected 14 Oct 2016
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

My camera has failed to come on three times so far (1800 miles). I have Surround View.

I have the same issue with the PCM and selecting album covers....the scroll starts but then doesn't seem to stop. Seems that they didn't have engineers as good as Apple's implementing Cover Flow!
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8