MACAN DPF PROBLEMS

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

16 months / 9k miles and I haven't seen a regen light [yet] either. 90% of my driving is on A/B/C roads and only 10% on motorways / dual carriageways. I do not do a lot of crawling along in cities and avoid making frequent sub-10 mile journeys.

With my Macan SD, following the advice on this forum, I only use premium fuel - in my case BP Ultimate diesel - and refill the 75 litre tank once it gets to 1/4 full.

AdBlue refill needed at 8,600 miles. No service required yet, so no software update.

Had many diesel cars pre-Euro 6 engines and drove them, like any other petrol car, for all sorts of journeys / city driving and used supermarket diesel with no problems at all.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

20,000 mile Service next week. I have never had a DPF light although as I reported on here I experienced an Orange Warning that necessitated a low loader. It was never fully explained but the presence of soot in DPF was noted.
Anyway any Do’s or Don’ts recommendations regarding first Service? March 2017 Car.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Fist service 'dos'? Get it done.........and ask for a petrol loaner
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

A GTS!
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Guy

Post by Guy »

Tom 2000 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:57 am 20,000 mile Service next week. I have never had a DPF light although as I reported on here I experienced an Orange Warning that necessitated a low loader. It was never fully explained but the presence of soot in DPF was noted.
Anyway any Do’s or Don’ts recommendations regarding first Service? March 2017 Car.
Remember to tell them if you don't want the adblue/screenwash topped up at Porsche prices!

Also if you are thinking of a warranty extension in the future (if planning to keep beyond three years), it could be worth taking it out at the same time as a service as they are more likely to waive the £216 warranty inspection fee. Just a thought.
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

I had thought of the Adblue thing. I put in 20l myself at the weekend. I had not thought of screen wash. The loaner will be a surprise. With 18 months before the three year warranty expires it should be serviced again before then, unless there is merit in booking ahead?
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Guy

Post by Guy »

Tom 2000 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:10 pm I had thought of the Adblue thing. I put in 20l myself at the weekend. I had not thought of screen wash. The loaner will be a surprise. With 18 months before the three year warranty expires it should be serviced again before then, unless there is merit in booking ahead?
In that case you should be fine to wait until next service for the warranty inspection. But to be honest if you've built up a good relationship with the service manager they will possibly waive the fee anyway. I got mine done at the same time as an MOT, and they waived the inspection fee :D
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Good relationship? Never met them. Well not yet.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
happy days

Post by happy days »

The service manager is a nice guy. Actually,they all are good lads.
Macan S D
718 S
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Who is the service manager in Belfast as I am due first service now, not based on miles but age. Coming 2 years old and 6500 miles lol.

Whats the deal with getting a decent courtesy car, whose palm needs to be crossed? I will likely get them to collect the car as I'm 50 miles from the dealer and don't really fancy a day off work to sit while the car is serviced. Hate the thought of someone else driving my car over that distance too but I'm sure their guys are cautious - that's where a sweet loaner would help ease the pain.

Also whats the cost for the first service and is there any wiggle room - I suspect not!