MACAN DPF PROBLEMS

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Sounds immensely frustrating. Good luck. My first service won’t be due until Oct next year due to limited miles and I will specifically ask for the update not to be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.

Drew

Post by Drew »

It is very frustrating, especially when you your wife tells you she has no interest or likes anymore £60k worth of car and wants shot of it..
Caster

Post by Caster »

No probs with my SD until approx 7,500 miles when got the grey "Regen" warning which cleared pretty quickly. Then on Friday after 10,500 miles got the yellow "Engine Control Fault, Consult Dealer, Driving Permitted" warning and limp mode etc.

Called out Porsche Assistance and readings showed:-

P2463..........Stored........Diesel Partic Filter Restriction - Soot Content.........Filter Overload
P2002..........Sporadic.....Diesel Partic Filter............Efficiency Below Threshold

AA man couldn't clear faults or get a stationary regen to work so called for low loader to take to Porsche Centre Leeds.

Got my SD in Sept 2016 so suspect not got new settings some have had issue with - so will see what transpires. Currently driving a Volvo V40 (turned down a Merc E Class!) and at least had a good lift to collect it from Enterprise in the AA "Low Loader" with my SD in the back!

Truck.jpg

Last edited by Caster on Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D
Caster

Post by Caster »

Drew wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:34 pm It is very frustrating, especially when you your wife tells you she has no interest or likes anymore £60k worth of car and wants shot of it..
Feel gutted for you Drew - hope you get some kind of satisfaction from tomorrow's meeting.
Dave

Spud

Post by Spud »

Caster wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:16 pm No probs with my SD until approx 7,500 miles when got the grey "Regen" warning which cleared pretty quickly. Then on Friday after 10,500 miles got the yellow "Engine Control Fault, Consult Dealer, Driving Permitted" warning and limp mode etc.

P2463..........Stored........Diesel Partic Filter Restriction - Soot Content.........Filter Overload
P2002..........Sporadic.....Diesel Partic Filter............Efficiency Below Threshold

AA man couldn't clear faults or get a stationary regen to work so called for low loader to take to Porsche Centre Leeds.

Got my SD in Sept 2016 so suspect not got new settings some have had issue with - so will see what transpires. Currently driving a Volvo V40 (turned down a Merc E Class!) and at least had a good lift to collect it from Enterprise in the AA "Low Loader" with my SD in the back!

Only had the low loader covered wagon once, like I said before felt like repo man 😉

GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Caster wrote:No probs with my SD until approx 7,500 miles when got the grey "Regen" warning which cleared pretty quickly. Then on Friday after 10,500 miles got the yellow "Engine Control Fault, Consult Dealer, Driving Permitted" warning and limp mode etc.

Been a while Caster ..... sorry to hear you’re having problems too. Hope it’s sorted easily and doesn’t rear its ugly head too often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Caster

Post by Caster »

Hawkeye wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:52 pm Been a while Caster ..... sorry to hear you’re having problems too. Hope it’s sorted easily and doesn’t rear its ugly head too often.
Thanks Hawkeye - good to be back on the Forum - been spending too much time on bird ones since taking on post as a RSPB Optics Volunteer!

Guess what will be will be - if don't get satisfaction I'll be swapping to petrol Macan or looking at E-Pace or even new T-Roc!

Hope yours is going well + sounding good! 👍
Dave

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Hi Dave!

Welcome back & hope that your SD is soon sorted! 👍

You don't like Mercs then?! :lol:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Caster

Post by Caster »

Cheers Simon - fingers crossed for some good news tomorrow.

Too long that E-Class - I'd have been out of breath walking to the boot! 😀

PS....hope your Panamera is going well
Dave

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Hi Dave.

My fingers are crossed for you too. 👍

E Class too long? You wouldn't like my Panamera then! ;)

It's going very well, thanks, even if it does apparently need an oil change every 10k miles. :o

Have done over 11k miles in it already, since the end of March, and stil loving it.

Plan on keeping it for three years or so, until a Mission E replaces it if all goes well...
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018