All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Spud

Post by Spud »

Well I know what I would be doing 👍
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

j5kol wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:24 am Here we go again !!!!!

So had my macan back from the OPC 8 days after a hard regen, in that period i took it on 250 mile round trip through Snowdonia and on Motorway and also a good 30 min trip after that. On the 8th day, the dreaded regen warning and without giving me chance to carry out a soft regen the limp mode kicked. Returned the car to the OPC who have almost admitted that they are completely lost with it. This is now the 4th time in 4 months of ownership it has been back to the OPC. The service manager is now dealing with the issue and has been to be honest very understanding. I am at my whits end with this now, i have even suggested about crossing over to a petrol but am concerned that it will hit me in the pocket hard however when i did mention this to the

service manager he said that would be a last resort and he would make sure i didn't suffer financially.

He has said that they have changed one of the DPF sensors on this years model and that seems to be what could be the issue.
BITE THEIR HAND OFF.

Enough is enough.

A petrol S is far more fun than an oil burner, even better if you get the chance of a GTS.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Crazy diamond

Post by Crazy diamond »

When I changed my order last December ( from an SD to an S) I had just these concerns over DPF issues. However, my OPC did not admit to any issues with an SD and tried their hardest to dissuade me stating long lead times for an S. It was only when Nottingham OPC suggested they could provide an S to my spec by March ( this was December) that my OPC decided to match that, which they did. Overall I think that if you encounter recurring DPF issues in the 1st 6 months of ownership then you should be entiitled to a full refund or alternative vehicle. I do not think driving style or use of non premium diesel should be a get out as a modern car should be capable of serving any reasonable driving style? A petrol S is a superb vehicle and yes it does like to drink the 98 RON ( I have managed 29 mpg driving like miss Daisy) but what will diesels do after future engine mods. Also when working out the total cost of ownership of any car perhaps mpg isn't so important? Changing to petrol was clearly one of my better decisions... and that sound you just don't get with a diesel 😉. I love a diesel engine and have several diesel( non E6) vehicles for serious off roading and similar activity. My advice regarding any Porsche diesel woukd be if it is giving you a problem and is less than 6 months old, then get out while you can.
JR WAL

Post by JR WAL »

I reported on here some months ago about problems with our new SD and DPF issues. After the 4th time back to dealer to regen, we had enough and sold it. Porsche gave us £1500 gesture towards a new turbo PP, lost £500 in few months on SD so no pain there. Mrs JR has been driving the RRS diesel since with no issues. It didn't matter how we drove the car as I had it for a week and gave it a go blow out, so must be a deeper issue here.
On order : Turbo PP www.porsche-code.com/PHKEENG0 Macan 2;http://www.porsche-code.com/PH1P17P2
macan 1 - macan s http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI1VBS2
j5kol

Post by j5kol »

So, i have just been notified that my Macan is good to go AGAIN !! To be fair the OPC have been really sympathetic and helpful. This time they have carried out a Hard Regen and taken numerous readings to feedback to Porsche. The response from Porsche via the OPC is that my persistent fault is purely down to driving style, there is no long term resolution and this will be a recurring fault. The OPC are of the same opinion as me that the car is a car and shouldn't be restricted to a particular driving style. They have in kind of a way advised that i should put a complaint into Porsche UK as the vehicle isn't fit for purpose. What do you all suggest i do ? I am really unsure what is a reasonable solution to this. Ideally the only way forward is for me to hand them the vehicle back, they provide me with a petrol version which should hopefully be suited to our apparent driving style.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

I think you are within your rights to hand the car back and get a full refund. That may involve some aggravation and others on here may be better placed to advise on how best to proceed with that. Alternatively, maybe the OPC can come up with an amicable solution to get you into a petrol model. Perhaps a formal letter to the dealer principal, copied to Porsche UK, recorded delivery, stating your intention to reject the vehicle might get the response you need.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
j5kol

Post by j5kol »

Just been notified by the service adviser at my OPC that Porsche have told the Sales Manager to contact me to come up with a resolution as i will be returning the car frequently with the same issue. Do you think it is unreasonable to push for a 66 plate GTS in Carmine with 4900 miles on the clock as an exchange ?
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

I'd maybe wait to see what they offer first. The GTS is older than yours and a higher mileage and I don't know how the market value compares with yours. Does it have the options you want? Only you can decide whether that would be a good outcome. Remember you are entitled to a full refund I believe.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
j5kol

Post by j5kol »

The GTS is a very high spec, a lot more than my diesel has and has only 2000 miles on the clock more but its on the forecourt for £67k and my diesel was circa £58k so can't see them offering that in exchange but might be worth a try ?
happy days

Post by happy days »

No harm in trying? You never know.

BTW, I wonder what ever happened to Neilzy, the OP?
Macan S D
718 S