MACAN DPF PROBLEMS

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Caster

Post by Caster »

Thanks Simon + hope Drew and the others get sorted asap as certainly wasn't aware of all these DPF issues in previous years.

Glad you're loving your Panamera - I remember liking it on launch night but even then, knew it'd be too long for me. Did I see somewhere though that Porsche might bring out a 4 door 911 type in the future? Could be a possibility + is that the Mission E!
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Hi Dave

The Mission E certainly looks as if it'll be a touch smaller than the Panamera, but still a four seater, so not only does it look stunning, but it will be closer to my ideal size. Maybe nearer the size of an A6/5 Series rather than an A8/7 Series... :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Caster

Post by Caster »

Just checked up & that Mission E sounds interesting Simon. Hope they get pricing point right + could be worth you getting an early deposit down on one!
Dave

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Funny you should say that, Dave... ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Caster

Post by Caster »

Wing Commander wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:46 am Funny you should say that, Dave... ;)
Nice one Simon 😉 + I'll enjoy your post on how you spec it! 😁
Dave

Drew

Post by Drew »

Outcome of todays meeting, ours is by far the worse case they have seen. Still no software update but the Cayenne one came out last week so they think its close. They have agreed to look for a used petrol or pricing a new one to replace ours.
I told him if he thinks its going to be a good deal on his behalf with a crap part ex and them selling a new car he has got another thing coming.
He assured me it will be very heavily favoured our way, we shall see. That's if the misses even goes for it, I also had very muddy boots after visiting a building site and made a mess of their carpet, which cheered me up.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Drew wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:27 pm Outcome of todays meeting, ours is by far the worse case they have seen. Still no software update but the Cayenne one came out last week so they think its close. They have agreed to look for a used petrol or pricing a new one to replace ours.
I told him if he thinks its going to be a good deal on his behalf with a crap part ex and them selling a new car he has got another thing coming.
He assured me it will be very heavily favoured our way, we shall see. That's if the misses even goes for it, I also had very muddy boots after visiting a building site and made a mess of their carpet, which cheered me up.
Drew, it’s worth tracking back through some other posts. From memory at least one other member (jskol?) has had an SD replaced foc! Can’t recall how old the car was when the issues started but if that’s where you are, it might be worth getting customer services involved too. They have their own budget alongside the dealership’s to keep customers happy. Worth a phone call.👍
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Caster

Post by Caster »

Drew wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:27 pm Outcome of todays meeting, ours is by far the worse case they have seen. Still no software update but the Cayenne one came out last week so they think its close. They have agreed to look for a used petrol or pricing a new one to replace ours.
Thanks for the update + interesting news re possible software update arriving shortly - will be interesting to see how effective it proves to be. From talking to staff at OPC today - there could be a queue of folk wanting to take advantage of it!

Sorry about severity of your case but fingers crossed for a good replacement deal that not only appeals to you but also the missis + good advice from Paul re contacting Customer Services guys. I contacted JLR ones re an issue when getting nowhere with dealer and within a couple of days I was sorted!
Dave

Caster

Post by Caster »

Got an interesting text + e-mail from my OPC this am with link to a video showing my SD on a ramp having a Health Check. Technician was describing/showing me that pads were 8mm - so OK; tyre treads were 6mm-6.5mm on fronts and 6.5mm on rears - so OK there as well + he was just about to carry out a quick wheel alignment check before sorting DPF issue. Nice touch !

DPF regen took about 30 mins so will now see how long car lasts before any future warning signals. Technician added that it pays to spend about 20 mins if you can every now and then ideally on a motorway driving in 5th and keeping revs over 2k instead of the usual in Auto 7th and cruising along at approx 1.5k revs. I queried if this would be any good if the regen warning was not showing and, in fact, just wasting your time but apparently it will help reduce the build up and clearing of soot etc. Plus, as mentioned earlier in this thread, he added if you do get the DPF warning, don't just drive spiritedly until light goes out - do it for up to about 20 mins if you can - all helps.

So, hire car V40 dropped off (saw a few others on road but never got inclination to give 'em a wave - maybe I'm not a Volvo type!) and now got SD back with a free vac and cleaning of wheels - I turned the full wash down!

As far as garage are aware (!) I've got/had latest software from new (end Sept 2016) - still not sure about that one but, will see what the future brings!
Dave

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

I’ve always wondered about that Caster ie. when did factory cars start coming with the latest software? If yours has it, sure mine does too as mine arrived within a couple of weeks after yours from memory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.