MACAN DPF PROBLEMS

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Guy

Post by Guy »

MCDK wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:05 am Who is the service manager in Belfast as I am due first service now, not based on miles but age. Coming 2 years old and 6500 miles lol.

Whats the deal with getting a decent courtesy car, whose palm needs to be crossed? I will likely get them to collect the car as I'm 50 miles from the dealer and don't really fancy a day off work to sit while the car is serviced. Hate the thought of someone else driving my car over that distance too but I'm sure their guys are cautious - that's where a sweet loaner would help ease the pain.

Also whats the cost for the first service and is there any wiggle room - I suspect not!
I think that if you give any dealer enough notice a decent loan car is the norm. With Porsche Wolverhampton, I typically need to give about 2 weeks for a loan car. Next visit (and loaner) is 26 Sep when I get my cracked B-pillar trim replaced.

Others will chip in with first service costs - mine was done at Bucharest OPC for about €500.

(EDIT: The €500 included adblue top up, brake fluid change plus all the air filters (latter due to the dust levels in Bucharest!))

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

MCDK wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:05 am Who is the service manager in Belfast as I am due first service now, not based on miles but age. Coming 2 years old and 6500 miles lol.

Whats the deal with getting a decent courtesy car, whose palm needs to be crossed? I will likely get them to collect the car as I'm 50 miles from the dealer and don't really fancy a day off work to sit while the car is serviced. Hate the thought of someone else driving my car over that distance too but I'm sure their guys are cautious - that's where a sweet loaner would help ease the pain.

Also whats the cost for the first service and is there any wiggle room - I suspect not!
As a reference, here's what the Porsche owned Reading OPC currently charges; http://www.porschereading.co.uk/owner-s ... -servicing

Hopefully Belfast will be more reasonable? :?:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
happy days

Post by happy days »

Paul McConaghy - I deal with Steven Biggerstaff who is very helpful. My beloved works in Belfast so travel isn't an issue for me, but the last time we had a service done, Mrs H was flying in from London to Belfast City on a Saturday afternoon and they sent a taxi to collect her with the keys of the car so she wasn't stranded. Jordan was the SA on that occasion. AFAIK the loaners are usually 718s.
Macan S D
718 S
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Thanks guys for that.

Happy do you have an email address for Steven or Paul. I had in my head that loaners were normally A class Mercs as someone told me that a while back but would certainly prefer a 718 or even a try in a 911 for possible future thoughts but a decent relationship with a sales exec might be needed for that and sadly the guy I bought from left just after my car was delivered and I really haven't hooked up with anyone else since.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

I've always had a 718 or similar for a loan car. :) Or a Panamera. Am sure a 911 could be made available if you were seriously considering ordering one... ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
happy days

Post by happy days »

Macan S D
718 S
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

I've always found the guys in Belfast very accommodating. When the 911 was in recently to replace the water pump they loaned me a new GLC Merc for a week. If you give them a bit of notice I would imagine some sort of loaner would be available.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

I wouldn't mind a 718. I would like to compare it with my departed Golf R.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Typical Pork fist service is about 500 with a brake fluid change.................iirc
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Drew

Post by Drew »

So they have announce no more diesels, says it all really...