MACAN DPF PROBLEMS

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Drew

Post by Drew »

I'm in the process of getting all the details of our problems to now complain to a higher position. Anyone else done this and who did you complain too ?

FranCK

Post by FranCK »

Thanks guys for your feedback. Spoke at length to the OPC (Wolverhampton) finally admitted it is a problem, and has offered to hv the car back, or discuss Petrol swop. No figures discussed. A fix he assures me isnon the way but can’t guarantee when and if it will work! Cayenne 3L also has same issue and the fix released although no feedback to date. Still have the car currently and husband taking it on a long journey every 14 days. Long term pondering on it’s value being Diesel and having taken out PCP..
Current: Volcano Grey SD 2017, Mercedes E250 AMG conv. Audi Q5 2.0 S line + Audi Q5 2.0. Audi A3 S Line. Nissan Navara 2.5. And many VW Golf 😀
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

I would have thought that PCP is a good option on a diesel at the moment as at least the future value is underwritten. In contrast, with Clydesdale, the finance is HP with a balloon, so technically you could end up with negative equity at the end of the agreement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
j5kol

Post by j5kol »

If it helps i was in the same situation a few months back. My diesel was 4 months old and had covered 3000miles. The OPC gave me a full refund and loaned me a 2.0 petrol for 4 months whilst i waited for my S petrol to arrive. All in all a great outcome as in my opinion the S petrol is so much better than the diesel. Hope you receive the same level of customer service as i did, Bolton OPC were excellent !!
coco

Post by coco »

Hi
I've got a two year old Macan D. Nothing but problems, the last three months the engine fault light come on, I call Porsche Assist who take an infinitely long time to answer, my car is collected and I drive a hire car for a week or more. Its rubbish I've written a stinking email so I can accelerate the complaint but I cannot wait to get rid. Its removed the pleasure of driving, I hate this car as its just a problem on wheels. Porsche should have re called all these cars.
coco

Post by coco »

By the way its all the Porsche website about escalating complaints. They have 8 weeks to give you a satisfactory answer. I think its just more stressful but I am going to do this. I am asking for everything in writing rather than phone calls now.
coco

Post by coco »

Also tweet Porsche that is what I have been doing. Is there not a car magazine who wants to cover our plight??
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Who would have thought it.... Audi forced to recall 127,000 vehicles as cheat divice found! On their Euro 6 Diesel engines the Times today, every time I think I will be alright buying one something new turns up :!:
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

It seems that according to some things I'm hearing the petrol shutdown that's happening this summer is to reengineer and fit particulate filters to petrol engines. So all who buy petrol engines cars to do limited mileage could well end up with the same issues that diesel drivers have now.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Fantastic.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊