MACAN DPF PROBLEMS

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Spud wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:12 pm Well after 12 months ownership and 15,000 miles I got the dreaded DPF Regen sign today, I have over the last two weeks done mainly short journeys, anyway put the car in to Sports plus mode and drove manually keeping the revs above 2,000rpm for around 10 minutes and the sign went off, so hopefully cleared.
I suppose this is the way the system is supposed to work. Not a major problem driving in sport mode for 10 minutes.

Spud

Post by Spud »

Spud wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:12 pm Well after 12 months ownership and 15,000 miles I got the dreaded DPF Regen sign today, I have over the last two weeks done mainly short journeys, anyway put the car in to Sports plus mode and drove manually keeping the revs above 2,000rpm for around 10 minutes and the sign went off, so hopefully cleared.
A question for the technical amongst us, yesterday I got the dreaded grey DPF Regen sign again, again I used Manual and Sports Plus, it cleared the sign after about 5 mins at 2,000 rpm, now I’ve always put V plus Diesel not supermarket, the car hasn’t had a good long run for several weeks restricted to mainly 28 miles return trips, do you think it needs the long blast to completely regen or can I just keep doing what I have been or will that sooner or later go in to limp mode ?
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Spud wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:51 pm
A question for the technical amongst us, yesterday I got the dreaded grey DPF Regen sign again, again I used Manual and Sports Plus, it cleared the sign after about 5 mins at 2,000 rpm, now I’ve always put V plus Diesel not supermarket, the car hasn’t had a good long run for several weeks restricted to mainly 28 miles return trips, do you think it needs the long blast to completely regen or can I just keep doing what I have been or will that sooner or later go in to limp mode ?
I suggest you look at Pauls post where he shows what the GTK app has written about Regen.

Your 5 minutes to me does not seem long enough for a full regen.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Spud wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:51 pm
I spoke to the at Tewkesbury about this. Although the light goes out after 5-10 minutes it doesn't fully regenerate unless you drive it for 20-30. Apparently if they do a workshop regen it can run for up to 50 mins. So if the light comes on, ideally you need a longer drive to fully clear it.
Spud

Post by Spud »

👍 thanks for the info, will have to give it a longer run then
GTS Delivered April 2018
Paul

Post by Paul »

Spud wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:01 pm 👍 thanks for the info, will have to give it a longer run then
....but (sadly) it may not be regenerating - the light has to be on for it to burn hotter and get rud of the soot. A long run won’t hurt, and is always good fun, but won’t necessarily have the desired effect on the dpf.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Spud

Post by Spud »

Paul wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:53 pm
Spud wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:01 pm 👍 thanks for the info, will have to give it a longer run then
....but (sadly) it may not be regenerating - the light has to be on for it to burn hotter and get rud of the soot. A long run won’t hurt, and is always good fun, but won’t necessarily have the desired effect on the dpf.
Thanks Paul, will have to try and give it a blast tomorrow, it’s in the body shop on Monday for a week for repairs, as much as I love the SD my minds made up to go back to Petrol next year, still miss my last stealth bomber, going down the GTS route I think, which I partially blame you for as loved yours when I saw it at the meet 👍
GTS Delivered April 2018
Paul

Post by Paul »

Spud wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:06 pm
Thanks Paul, will have to try and give it a blast tomorrow, it’s in the body shop on Monday for a week for repairs, as much as I love the SD my minds made up to go back to Petrol next year, still miss my last stealth bomber, going down the GTS route I think, which I partially blame you for as loved yours when I saw it at the meet 👍
👍 Happy to oblige Ian 😉
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Spud

Post by Spud »

Paul wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:10 pm
Spud wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:06 pm

👍 Happy to oblige Ian 😉
😉
GTS Delivered April 2018
Spud

Post by Spud »

How right you were Paul, out on a run today and a yellow sign came up Engine Control fault, Consult dealer, Driving permitted, I am going to assume this is connected to the DPF ?
GTS Delivered April 2018