MACAN DPF PROBLEMS

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Paul, as opposed to an automatic regeneration? Which I think happens without warning lights under normal conditions?
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA

Paul

Post by Paul »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:28 pm Paul, as opposed to an automatic regeneration? Which I think happens without warning lights under normal conditions?
Exactly that.

Auto regeneration happens constantly and should maintain the soot loading to under a certain percentage (I don’t know what that figure is.) If that percentage loading is never reached because the car gets hot and is driven long distances etc then all is fine.

However, if the car senses that the soot load has exceeded its’ first threshold (again I don’t know the figure on Porsche) then the infamous light will come on and set the car up such that the exhaust burns hotter, more fuel is injected and so on.....this is why you should continue to drive for 20 mins / 2000 rpm while the light us on so that the soot load us burnt off back down to zero (or close to zero) Unless the light is on, no active regeneration is happening.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
John_M

Post by John_M »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:28 pm automatic regeneration
I believe it is known as Passive Regeneration and I wonder if the DPF warning light may now be coming on when it is doing an active regeneration so you know to keep going where as in past it would have just done it without telling you
Saffa

Post by Saffa »

Hawkeye wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:56 pm What’s the connection between the heated seats / steering wheel and the DPF!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As it’s colder now, I prefer my 3 mile commute with my Macan instead of my other car without said creature comforts, which is exactly what I am not supposed to do, I know...
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHEPZN21 delivered May 2017, sold Sept 2019
Drew

Post by Drew »

More engine management lights last Sunday, engineer came out did a regen. They went off , did another regen itself on Wednesday and more engine management lights again yesterday. Totally sick to death of this, six months of this bullshit....
andreas

Post by andreas »

Drew wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:31 pm More engine management lights last Sunday, engineer came out did a regen. They went off , did another regen itself on Wednesday and more engine management lights again yesterday. Totally sick to death of this, six months of this bullshit....
Time for a full and frank discussion with the dealer principal!
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Guy

Post by Guy »

Drew wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:31 pm engineer came out did a regen.

How? Did he plug a diagnostic (PIWIS?) tool into the OBD-II connector? Or just disappear off for a spin?
Drew

Post by Drew »

We've had plenty but I am just about to totally lose it....
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

I’m not surprised. If I’d had 6 months of problems and knowing that others have had their cars bought back, I’d be pushing very hard. I feel very fortunate not to have had any problems as my mileage doesn’t really suit a diesel. Good luck with sorting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Drew

Post by Drew »

Thing is it's a year and a half old, i'm close to driving it through the showroom window. It's done 20k so I know dam well the update has screwed it up, didn't skip a beat until the first service. It's not fit for purpose and we are sick to death of it, Monday will be interesting when the man I need to talk to is in...