MACAN DPF PROBLEMS

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
j5kol

Post by j5kol »

Here we go again !!!!!

So had my macan back from the OPC 8 days after a hard regen, in that period i took it on 250 mile round trip through Snowdonia and on Motorway and also a good 30 min trip after that. On the 8th day, the dreaded regen warning and without giving me chance to carry out a soft regen the limp mode kicked. Returned the car to the OPC who have almost admitted that they are completely lost with it. This is now the 4th time in 4 months of ownership it has been back to the OPC. The service manager is now dealing with the issue and has been to be honest very understanding. I am at my whits end with this now, i have even suggested about crossing over to a petrol but am concerned that it will hit me in the pocket hard however when i did mention this to the service manager he said that would be a last resort and he would make sure i didn't suffer financially. He has said that they have changed one of the DPF sensors on this years model and that seems to be what could be the issue.

j5kol

Post by j5kol »

Incidentally my OPC are now making customers sign a disclaimer when purchasing a new SD as they are aware of the issues they are having with it. I did ask that if i lived in central london and used the Macan there would you advise not buying it, his response was "yeah". Quite alarming that Porsche have designed a car that can't be used continuously in an urban environment.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

j5kol wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:26 am Incidentally my OPC are now making customers sign a disclaimer when purchasing a new SD as they are aware of the issues they are having with it. I did ask that if i lived in central london and used the Macan there would you advise not buying it, his response was "yeah". Quite alarming that Porsche have designed a car that can't be used continuously in an urban environment.
In fairness this is just not a Porsche problem. I believe most DPF engines are having issues.

What type of diesel do you normally use?
j5kol

Post by j5kol »

ScotMac wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:40 am
j5kol wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:26 am Incidentally my OPC are now making customers sign a disclaimer when purchasing a new SD as they are aware of the issues they are having with it. I did ask that if i lived in central london and used the Macan there would you advise not buying it, his response was "yeah". Quite alarming that Porsche have designed a car that can't be used continuously in an urban environment.
In fairness this is just not a Porsche problem. I believe most DPF engines are having issues.

I have been using standard Diesel from either Shell or BP as i was concerned that so called supermarket fuels could create an issue
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

j5kol wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:14 am
ScotMac wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:40 am

I have been using standard Diesel from either Shell or BP as i was concerned that so called supermarket fuels could create an issue
I would try using the premium diesel from Shell or BP and see if it helps - worth a try.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Could be worth trying Shell V-Power to see if that makes any difference. You have a lot of experience on this issue with your car, unfortunately, so a few tankfuls of V-Power could show an improvement, or not, in your case.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Spud

Post by Spud »

Can only tell you from my personal experience with my Macan's and OPC, Macan 1 was troublesome and after 4 months of problems my OPC agreed to give me my full original purchase price against another Macan or Porsche of my choice , couldn't be any fairer than that , if you have lost confidence in your car push to change
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
j5kol

Post by j5kol »

Spud wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:42 am Can only tell you from my personal experience with my Macan's and OPC, Macan 1 was troublesome and after 4 months of problems my OPC agreed to give me my full original purchase price against another Macan or Porsche of my choice , couldn't be any fairer than that , if you have lost confidence in your car push to change
Interesting Spud, which dealership was this ?
Spud

Post by Spud »

Nottingham, good dealership in my opinion, the fact is you would probably spend more on another Porsche anyway because you would add a few extras, not an expert on sale of goods but believe you have a period to reject, as I say my OPC were excellent and they have now had 3 orders out of me and may get another , it's all about keeping client base 😉
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
j5kol

Post by j5kol »

Just checked out the consumer rights act and it states that if a new car develops a fault that can't be remedied by the dealership then you are well within your rights to reject it within the first 6 months. Very interesting, my OPC happen to have a nice 66 plate GTS on their forecourt.............