MACAN DPF PROBLEMS

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Col Lamb
Posts: 5472
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: Lancashire

Re: MACAN DPF PROBLEMS

Post by Col Lamb » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:15 am

[quote="happy days" post_id=134239 time=1503569167 user_id=1499

BTW, I wonder what ever happened to Neilzy, the OP?
[/quote]

He posted then beggered off, never to return?

Last recorded visit to the forum was the same day he posted, he may have been back as a guest to view only.
Col
Macan Turbo, Met Blk, Spyders, Air, ACC, Pano, Garnet, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, heated seats and steering, PS+, SC, plus a few other goodies.
Prior Macan SD similar spec to Turbo


moonigan
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:01 pm

Re: MACAN DPF PROBLEMS

Post by moonigan » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:49 am

j5kol wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:51 pm
Just checked out the consumer rights act and it states that if a new car develops a fault that can't be remedied by the dealership then you are well within your rights to reject it within the first 6 months. Very interesting, my OPC happen to have a nice 66 plate GTS on their forecourt.............
Better be quick with that GTS ;) Less than two weeks after having the new sensor fitted and forced regen the regen light has come on again. I've told my wife to drive everywhere in sport mode in an attempt to get the regeneration process completed. If it goes into limp home mode I'll be starting the rejection process as my car is only 6 months old mid September.

P


Neilzy
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: MACAN DPF PROBLEMS

Post by Neilzy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:26 am

Hi
In answer to Col Lamb, I have been low profile whilst I sorted out my car with Porsche Reading
After the 'engine management light' came on for the fourth time in the 3 months my dealer agreed to take the car back and replace it with a petrol version that should be with me year end. I must applaud Porsche in the professional way they have dealt with the difficult situation.
There are obviously a glut of diesel's in the system and was horrified at what the trade bid would have been for a highly spec' d 6 month old car
The car has now been sold on and hope the new owner has a better experience then me
In the meantime I am using a 18 month old petrol Macan that I am very happy with.


User avatar
Hawkeye
Posts: 1305
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:20 am

Re: MACAN DPF PROBLEMS

Post by Hawkeye » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:34 am

Sounds like the dealership have handled the situation very well. When I was working for Bentley, these sort of situations always worked out well as the dealer was usually given an additional allocation for the replacement car for which they could retain a big proportion of the margin and often could make a margin on the used car too. Plus a happy, well looked after customer.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95.


j5kol
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:58 am

Re: MACAN DPF PROBLEMS

Post by j5kol » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:12 am

Porsche U.K. have instructed my dealership to source me a petrol and give me a full refund on the diesel. One problem, there are literally no petrol versions available, my OPC have used their allocation and there are only 5 in the approved used system and they are roughly more than a new. Only saving grace is my OPC has a very high spec petrol S demonstrator arriving mid sept which they have said I can have but there is a £12k shortfall between it and mine. They are currently conversing with Porsche UK to see if they will contribute as this seems to the quickest remedy.


Col Lamb
Posts: 5472
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: Lancashire

Re: MACAN DPF PROBLEMS

Post by Col Lamb » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:21 am

Neilzy wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:26 am
Hi
In answer to Col Lamb, I have been low profile whilst I sorted out my car with Porsche Reading
After the 'engine management light' came on for the fourth time in the 3 months my dealer agreed to take the car back and replace it with a petrol version that should be with me year end. I must applaud Porsche in the professional way they have dealt with the difficult situation.
There are obviously a glut of diesel's in the system and was horrified at what the trade bid would have been for a highly spec' d 6 month old car
The car has now been sold on and hope the new owner has a better experience then me
In the meantime I am using a 18 month old petrol Macan that I am very happy with.
Great news.
Col
Macan Turbo, Met Blk, Spyders, Air, ACC, Pano, Garnet, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, heated seats and steering, PS+, SC, plus a few other goodies.
Prior Macan SD similar spec to Turbo


Col Lamb
Posts: 5472
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: Lancashire

Re: MACAN DPF PROBLEMS

Post by Col Lamb » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:22 am

j5kol wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:12 am
Porsche U.K. have instructed my dealership to source me a petrol and give me a full refund on the diesel. One problem, there are literally no petrol versions available, my OPC have used their allocation and there are only 5 in the approved used system and they are roughly more than a new. Only saving grace is my OPC has a very high spec petrol S demonstrator arriving mid sept which they have said I can have but there is a £12k shortfall between it and mine. They are currently conversing with Porsche UK to see if they will contribute as this seems to the quickest remedy.
Yet more great news.
Col
Macan Turbo, Met Blk, Spyders, Air, ACC, Pano, Garnet, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, heated seats and steering, PS+, SC, plus a few other goodies.
Prior Macan SD similar spec to Turbo


mark-yorkshire
Posts: 2204
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:34 pm

Re: MACAN DPF PROBLEMS

Post by mark-yorkshire » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:11 pm

mark-yorkshire wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:12 pm
DPF service light on again today. Seems to be coming on every 2 to 3 weeks. My daily driving routine has not changed so can only conclude that the supposed software upgrade is to blame. Going to e mail my OPC this afternoon to complain.
So since the last time the grey coloured DPF service light last came on (4th August ) the DPF light has come on again tonight just before I got home. Not had the chance to carry out a passive regen burn off of the soot but annoyed that it has come on as I drove 250 miles down M1 to London last Sunday and 250 miles back on Monday. In addition I was away on holiday 10th to 17th August and the car was parked up. It's almost as if the warning light is programmed to come on irrespective of driving style. It would be interesting to plug in an OBD reader to see by what % the filter was full.


User avatar
ScotMac
Posts: 3203
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:39 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: MACAN DPF PROBLEMS

Post by ScotMac » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:38 pm

It would be good if we were able to access more info. ie. % DPF filter full / regen. in progress / regen. required etc..


mark-yorkshire
Posts: 2204
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:34 pm

Re: MACAN DPF PROBLEMS

Post by mark-yorkshire » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:11 pm

ScotMac wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:38 pm
It would be good if we were able to access more info. ie. % DPF filter full / regen. in progress / regen. required etc..
Agreed. It is bloody annoying. 2 years without any warnings and then post DME "upgrade" every 3 weeks.


Post Reply

Return to “Main Porsche Macan Chat”


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 6 guests