Porsche Range Experience.

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Great review Col. The 911 GTS is my pic of the bunch but only drove the 911 4s around PEC which was the same colour as your GTS.

Agree watching people with experience take a 2 tonne SUV around is incredible.
Great review πŸ‘
GTS πŸ˜€

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Wing Commander wrote: ↑Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:17 pm Nice review, Col. Thanks for the update! πŸ‘

Hope you didn't mind my comment regarding you getting out of the 911. ;) But I recall you mentioning numerous times that you felt awkward climbing out of one. :)
No problem Simon it must be that I have improved my technique in getting out of a 911

Mind you I did practice in the showroom prior, they had a GT3 there with full bucket seat which was arkward to get out of so the GTS was a doddle.

Now laid out in bed with a heat pad on a very sore back

Best of all is that I have a very happy Son in Law who I took with me and even let him drive my Turbo through the country lanes enroute to the hotel on Sunday, he was still on a high this afternoon when I dropped him off at his house enroute home
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Being negative.

Downsides were the lectures, if you have been on a depositor course then it is a case of been there done that

Lack of circuit drive time in Boxster and Panamera sucks, it was the Panny that I really wanted to drive.

I have driven the Cayenne off road so that was more for my Son in Law

A good day but one I would repeat
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
VanB

Post by VanB »

911 GTS4 is my dream car and wouldn't have bought the Macan if I knew it was coming out so soon. Just have to wait to fulfil that dream sadly but glad to hear you enjoyed it so much.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Col Lamb wrote: ↑Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:21 pm Mind you I did practice in the showroom prior, they had a GT3 there with full bucket seat which was arkward to get out of so the GTS was a doddle.

Now laid out in bed with a heat pad on a very sore back.

Hope your back feels better soon, Col.

Was it the new GT3 (991.2) in the showroom? For sale? Silly money?
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Wing Commander wrote: ↑Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:46 pm
Col Lamb wrote: ↑Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:21 pm Mind you I did practice in the showroom prior, they had a GT3 there with full bucket seat which was arkward to get out of so the GTS was a doddle.

Not sure of what it had fitted to it.

It had a Β£130k price shown on the info board.
Col
Macan Turbo
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

VanB wrote: ↑Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:06 am 911 GTS4 is my dream car and wouldn't have bought the Macan if I knew it was coming out so soon. Just have to wait to fulfil that dream sadly but glad to hear you enjoyed it so much.
Go for your dream it truly is an amazing car to drive.

Meanwhile if you have not done so sign up for some race training.

It certainly is far better than my driving skills can exploit and I am no slouch on the track.
Col
Macan Turbo
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Col Lamb wrote: ↑Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:01 pm
Wing Commander wrote: ↑Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:46 pm

Not sure of what it had fitted to it.

It had a Β£130k price shown on the info board.
Ah, thanks. Not a 991.2 then. Most 991.1 GT3s are over Β£130k.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
VanB

Post by VanB »

Col Lamb wrote: ↑Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:05 pm
VanB wrote: ↑Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:06 am 911 GTS4 is my dream car and wouldn't have bought the Macan if I knew it was coming out so soon. Just have to wait to fulfil that dream sadly but glad to hear you enjoyed it so much.
Go for your dream it truly is an amazing car to drive.

Meanwhile if you have not done so sign up for some race training.

It certainly is far better than my driving skills can exploit and I am no slouch on the track.
If I could right now I would but probably 12-18 months from being able to make the change.

Last time I was at PEC the instructor actually complimented me on my driving about which I was a little chuffed. I think racing driving training is something for me to take up when I've got more time on my hands.

BTW thanks for the reviews πŸ‘
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Franklin

Post by Franklin »

Did anyone who got their invite to the range experience day, buy their car from Reading ?
Thanks
Frankie