Porsche Range Experience.

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Hawkeye wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:17 pm Ive also been looking at tuning boxes for my SD. Have you guys explored the insurance implications? Warranty is also a consideration, but apparently they are not supposed to leave a trace and are easily removed for service work etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look up TDi tuning, I considered adding one to my SD but ended up getting the Turbo instead.

60bhp more is just what the SD needs.

The company does a try before you buy option if you live near or a willing to drive to Essex.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Hi Col, that's who I've been looking at as I think Jesim had 1 fitted from there from day 1. I'm actually heading there on Saturday morning to try it out.

No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Hawkeye wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:33 pm Hi Col, that's who I've been looking at as I think Jesim had 1 fitted from there from day 1. I'm actually heading there on Saturday morning to try it out.

Great, pease do write up your findings and share with us.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Dandock wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:10 pm
Dandock wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:33 pm Just got my invitation with dates in September :D Note. It's actually shown as being a full day 8:30 - 4:45! :D :D Does thus correspond with others. Other posts would suggest just a half day.

With decisions to make early next year it will be interesting to experience the GTS et al. Or just have loads n loads of fun! Again! :P :P :P

Lucky you, Mike! Sounds like a fun day! :D
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Wing Commander wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:16 pm
Dandock wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:10 pm
Dandock wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:33 pm Just got my invitation with dates in September :D Note. It's actually shown as being a full day 8:30 - 4:45! :D :D Does thus correspond with others. Other posts would suggest just a half day.

With decisions to make early next year it will be interesting to experience the GTS et al. Or just have loads n loads of fun! Again! :P :P :P

Lucky you, Mike! Sounds like a fun day! :D
Absolutely! As per previous speculation is this a blanket invitation, does it go out to customers after a set period of ownership or was it prompted by my moaning to the OPC about the way we were treated when we took the Panny out for test last month? 🤔
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Hmmm. Good question.

Part of me thinks it's a Porsche sales policy to invite owners on such a day after 'x' months or years of ownership, in the hope of promoting a new sale.

However, knowing how highly Leon and the team at Tewkesbury value their customer satisfaction standing, it might be a gesture to try and keep you sweet, Mike. ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Retired

Post by Retired »

Hawkeye wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:17 pm Ive also been looking at tuning boxes for my SD. Have you guys explored the insurance implications? Warranty is also a consideration, but apparently they are not supposed to leave a trace and are easily removed for service work etc.

Don't tell insurance and they might decide you're not covered. Attitude of ins cos seems to vary considerably. A good few years ago I chipped a LR Disco 3, some insurance companies refused point blank to have anything to do with it whereas others only wanted to increase the premium by 10% or thereabouts.

Warranty. Do not believe the spiel about leaving no trace, it's just not true. The engine management software records all sorts of interesting data about the engine including torque values, injection pressure / duration and so on. These, and other parameters, will have normal ranges, chipping (box or otherwise) will push these sorts of measurement outside of the expected range.

In the case of Audi these sorts of things are checked during services and flagged if suspicious. In Porsche were looking at a big engine / transmission bill, especially if the failure is uncharacteristic, would almost certainly put some effort into looking for modification(s).
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

I recall being told that I would be receive an invite back to PEC for the Range Experience about 18 months after purchase. In the event it came a little earlier, at about 15 months. It's a great half day!
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Makanik wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:45 pm I recall being told that I would be receive an invite back to PEC for the Range Experience about 18 months after purchase. In the event it came a little earlier, at about 15 months. It's a great half day!
As I posted earlier the covering letter says 8:30 til 4:45 so A WHOLE, ENTIRE, COMPLETE DAY. 😜😜😜
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

:cry: I purchased a new SD from Bristol back in June.. should I expect an invite soon?
The first invite , I mean?
Last edited by Sidscott on Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.