Post by Makanik »

My invite came 15 months after purchase,
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Makanik wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:03 pm When I went they were running two half day sessions on each of the available dates. If you get a full day that's great!
Ditto. This was after placing the initial deposit and before spec lock down and taking delivery.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

SAC1 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:13 pm
Makanik wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:03 pm When I went they were running two half day sessions on each of the available dates. If you get a full day that's great!
Ditto. This was after placing the initial deposit and before spec lock down and taking delivery.
I think you may be a litle confused a Range Experience and a Depositors Course are not the same other than they both last 1/2 day.

A depositors course gives you the whole 1/2 day in the variant of Porsche for which you have placed a deposit, you may drive another model if you ask.

A Range Experience is as per the report in the first post.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:33 pm
I think you may be a litle confused a Range Experience and a Depositors Course are not the same other than they both last 1/2 day.

A depositors course gives you the whole 1/2 day in the variant of Porsche for which you have placed a deposit, you may drive another model if you ask.

Well Col, I am still waiting for the depositors course two months after purchase..!
Should I chase up my Opc?
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

Sounds like you should enquire Sidscott. It seems to take a few months but it will happen. Worth accelerating it if you can :)
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Sidscott wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:34 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:33 pm

Well Col, I am still waiting for the depositors course two months after purchase..!
Should I chase up my Opc?
My advice regarding placing a deposit and attendance at the PEC depositors course is:-
1) place the refundable deposit
2) three weeks after placing deposit ring the PEC to arrange attendance, if you wait for them it will be at least six weeks and maybe more before they email you.
3) during the discussion stress you want to check out Sports Chrono, Air Suspension etc. something specific that you want to check out prior to lockdown
4) do tell them if you can attend at short notice if you can.
5) have a plan, read up on prior PEC reports
6) enjoy the course, do remember to take images of the PEC but also of the cars you drive.
7) write up and post a report.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Range day tomorrow which I'm sharing with my petrol head of a daughter. A whole day 8:30 to 4:45 so will report back.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

A whole day! Great! Have a brilliant time, Mike! We look forward to your report, and pics! :-D
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
VanB

Post by VanB »

Range day is good fun and when I went on one was advised by one of the instructors that it is essentially a sales push and customers are normally invited 18-24 months after purchase to choose their next Porsche.

Anyway enjoy the day as it is definitely a good day out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Wing Commander wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:45 pm A whole day! Great! Have a brilliant time, Mike! We look forward to your report, and pics! :-D
Thanks Simon.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀