Porsche Range Experience.

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
goron59

Post by goron59 »

I got an invite and was going to book the morning of the 10th, but it's a day off and a long trip and I've done this sort of thing many times before.
Limited numbers, so let someone else go.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR

Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Caster wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:02 am Got my invite this am from Sales Manager + duly booked in for next Friday (7th) pm - will let you know what it's like. Sounds like you + partner both get 3 hrs of driving in various Porsches - will await confirmation of that though!

Hope we all enjoy our "experiences"!
I've just created a new post on this. Apologies. I have booked the 7th too sadly in the morning. Ping me a PM if you want to meet during lunch. Anyone else going in the morning of the 7th?
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
Caster

Post by Caster »

Great stuff Nosmo - I'll be there with my niece + we'll look out for you.

PS...warm the motors up nicely for us in the morning!
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Hope you guys had a great time.

Will be heading south on Sunday afternoon on M6 from Preston, M6toll and M40 so if anyone sees a debadged met black Macan with Kendal plates starting PX then that may well be me.

Will post write up Tuesday.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Caster

Post by Caster »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:43 pm Hope you guys had a great time.
Unfortunately, I didn't manage to get there on Friday Col + had to change to being a reserve for tomorrow pm - doesn't look promising for me though. :cry:

Sadly, niece who I was going to meet there couldn't make it as her husbands car (Focus ST I sold him) was nicked and insurance co would only give him a courtesy car if it'd been written off etc but not nicked! On top of that, it had a private plate and, as not recovered yet, they can't use that plate for 12 months - you learn something new every day!

Enjoy your trip on Tuesday though + all the others who are going. Look forward to hearing the feedback.
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Just back home from Silverstone.

A great morning but best of all is that I finished on a high by thrashing this beauty around the handling circuit.

IMG_1670.JPG

Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Very nice, Col and glad that you managed to get into and out of it ok! ;) :D :lol:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Cheers Simon, yes I did get in and out OK.

I have amened the first post with a report on the activities from my own perspective.

If any of you folks experience a Range day then your thoughts may well be radically different from my own.

Anyway I hope you find the report interesting (I am still on a high by the 911 Carrera 4 GTS drive).
Col
Macan Turbo
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Nice review, Col. Thanks for the update! 👍

Hope you didn't mind my comment regarding you getting out of the 911. ;) But I recall you mentioning numerous times that you felt awkward climbing out of one. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Good review. Thanks. I suppose that fitting 5 different cars into the morning is always going to make it feel as though there isn't quite enough time in any of them. Pity the off road Cayenne is only a demo. When are you putting down a deposit on the 911?