Any meets organised around the Midlands?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Not too far from there is Stratford or Warwick (castle). And a variety of National Trust properties if that is more to everyone's liking

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

How about Prescott Hill Climb - www.prescott-hillclimb.com/events/event-diary-2017

Prescott Hill,
Gotherington,
Cheltenham,
Glos.
GL52 9RD

Up coming events:

15th July - Bugatti Owners’ Club Bugfest

A celebration of the Bugatti marque supported by classes for saloons, sports cars and single seaters.

5th & 6th August - VSCC weekend

The Vintage Sports Car Club's premier motor sport meeting of the year. A two day celebration of vintage motorsport featuring cars from the dawn of motorsport. Tickets will be on sale via the VSCC's website.

2nd & 3rd September - British & Midland Championships

A two day meeting featuring rounds of both of the UK's premier series the British & Midland Hillclimb Championships.

30th September & 1st October - American Autumn Classic

All American Stars & Stripes weekend celebrating the biggest, brightest and brashest cars this side of the pond. As well as two days of track action there will be many acts & entertainment off track, including by popular demand the return of the Demon Drome Wall of Death. A great day out for all the family.

Entry tickets usually £12 in advance or £15 on the day

Their club house offers:
We are open all day during race weekends providing a comfortable informal pit stop during race meetings – relax on our sofas and watch the racing live on our plasma screens refuel with our great food, and drinks or just come in and admire the view.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

This is a great venue. I have been several times. Highly recommended. 👍
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

I'll be there, just can't ensure you it will be in Porsche! Although I do have vehicles from their parent company.
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Hitman999 wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:18 pm How many members around the Midlands who would be interested if something was organised?
PRESTON HILL CLIMB......If this is a favourable -
- who's interested in going?
- what event date[s] of the three shown can you do?

Hitman999 - as you started the ball rolling, what are your thoughts?
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

Right on my works doorstep, so that is easy, sounds good, plenty of nice places to eat, drink and stay if needed nearby.
Barely the Midlands! All options are actually pretty interesting for me - Lets not hijack Hitman999 ideas too much! - What are your thoughts more central?
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
Hitman999

Post by Hitman999 »

Ferdie wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:23 pm Right on my works doorstep, so that is easy, sounds good, plenty of nice places to eat, drink and stay if needed nearby.
Barely the Midlands! All options are actually pretty interesting for me - Lets not hijack Hitman999 ideas too much! - What are your thoughts more central?
Yes I was thinking more central guys.
Current: 991.2 Carrera S
Sold: BMW G20 320d Xdrive M Sport
Sold: Porsche Macan GTS Night Blue / Full GTS Interior
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather
Paul

Post by Paul »

Happy to do the Hill Climb.....or the Motorcycle Museum (M42 NEC)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Word of caution re Prescott. They may not provide a dedicated parking area; PCGB pulled out the major French/Italian weekend in May for that reason - there were areas for all significant French and Italian marques but Prescott wouldn't do it for Porsche this year having done so in previous years. We'd therefore have to initially meet elsewhere and attempt to arrive and park en convoy.

Having said the 5-6 August historic meeting in August is fabulous. I went many years ago and was in part akin to Henley; Fortnum hampers and Bolly laid out behind vintage Rollers, Lagondas, Bugattis etc
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Hitman999

Post by Hitman999 »

How about this on the 30th July guys?

About

Horsepower at the Hall is a monthly gathering of enthusiast classic and sports car and bike owners in a relaxed, informal atmosphere.

Description

Horsepower at the Hall is a monthly gathering of enthusiast classic and sports car and bike owners. Once a month on a Sunday afternoon from 1pm to 5pm, come along in your pride and joy to enjoy a friendly chat with like-minded individuals over a coffee, in a peaceful and relaxed environment. Haven't got your own? No problem! The event is open to all. Display vehicles have allocated parking but there is ample parking for guests attending in less exotic machinery! The event is organised by a local enthusiast with no hard selling or pressure to do anything else whilst on site. Simply enjoy yourself!

Newark Showground
Drove Lane, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG24 2NY Newark, Nottingham, United Kingdom

30th July 2017 1pm-5pm
Current: 991.2 Carrera S
Sold: BMW G20 320d Xdrive M Sport
Sold: Porsche Macan GTS Night Blue / Full GTS Interior
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather