SD - side diesel sign

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Has anyone had the diesel sign on the side of the SD removed after taking delivery of the car? I don't mind it being recognised as a diesel model but don't the look of the signage on the side of the vehicle....OPC is saying there are possible risks of damage to paintwork by removing....any experience shared welcome

Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

My OPC removed it, no problem.
There is a thread somewhere on here telling you how but easier to ask them to sort before you collect.
Pete

Post by Pete »

I don't see why it can't be possible. I'm guessing it's just an adhesive that'll come off with a touch of warmth and tuggage.
Andy352

Post by Andy352 »

Choose a nice warm day or use a hairdryer to give the badge a wee heat then remove using dental floss. Zero risk of damage to the paintwork and if there's any glue left, a quick going over with tar remover will sort it out.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGTU3KJ5
Pete

Post by Pete »

But don't forget to protect the paintwork with some card/wood/something on the opposite side of the side you're pulling on. You don't really want a 'd' imprinted in your wing.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Mine was removed by the detailer as part of the detailing process. No issues at all with damage to paintwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Typhoon wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:37 pm Has anyone had the diesel sign on the side of the SD removed after taking delivery of the car? I don't mind it being recognised as a diesel model but don't the look of the signage on the side of the vehicle....OPC is saying there are possible risks of damage to paintwork by removing....any experience shared welcome

My OPC originally offered to remove the 'diesel' badges on the front wings for me when I enquired about a new SD Macan. As others have said, it should be no problem. I think your OPC are just being a tad lazy or over-cautious. :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Guy

Post by Guy »

Typhoon wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:37 pm Has anyone had the diesel sign on the side of the SD removed after taking delivery of the car? I don't mind it being recognised as a diesel model but don't the look of the signage on the side of the vehicle....OPC is saying there are possible risks of damage to paintwork by removing....any experience shared welcome
My OPC (Mayfair) removed them for me. My salesman nipped out the back and removed them while I was waiting for the car to be driven round the front - I checked very carefully and there was absolutely no sign of their presence.
Paul

Post by Paul »

As all the above...takes 10 mins tops with some dental floss / fishing twine. GENTLY saw back and forth behind the letters to cut through the foam / tape. Don't be tempted to lever it up or, as Pete says, you run the risk of the opposite side digging in. Finish off with a wipe of tar and glue / white spirit and polish.
I removed my SD " Porsche" logo and replaced it with a black one and took the " Macan" off my current car and refixed the " GTS" centrally.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

My OPC (Swindon) removed the diesel wing badges for me prior to delivery.
A common request they said and did it with absolutely zero paint damage.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver