New BMW X3 M40i v Macan GTS and Turbo. Thoughts?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
JBA

Post by JBA »

Just read that the new X3 M40i produces circa 360hp and 0-60 in 4.6 seconds plus less than £60k. On paper a great proposition and real compettition for our beloved Macan. Thoughts anyone?
Macan GTS Mark 1 - bought new 2017 and sold 2024
Macan GTS Mark 3 - bought new 2024

JBA

Post by JBA »

Macan GTS Mark 1 - bought new 2017 and sold 2024
Macan GTS Mark 3 - bought new 2024
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

:lol: Still ugly but beauty is in the eye of the beholder
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Ferdie wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:34 am :lol: Still ugly but beauty is in the eye of the beholder
+1
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Ferdie wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:34 am :lol: Still ugly but beauty is in the eye of the beholder
+2
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Bart

Post by Bart »

The 'leaked' photos of the facelifted X3 I've seen don't look dramatically different to what is now a very dated looking car IMHO. However, the M40 will be an interesting addition to the performance SUV club, a friend of mine has the GLC43, it goes like hell in straight line, however to overcome some kind of well documented front suspension geometry issue he's driving around in the summer months of soft winter tyres. I've driven the GLC and a Macan is a far superior drivers car, the new X3 will have to be special to better it..
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

The X3 is not v Porsche.

The X3 is v Audi, Jag, Merc and Volvo in the prime 2.0 litre market.

The current X3 with the 35D is a great car, it goes very well, it does not run out of steam like the SD does, it rides well and it really does handle well and better than an FPace. No the handling is not to a Macan standard but its not that farbehind. So the next generation X3 does not have to achieve much to match the present Macan in terms of performance, ride and handling. BMW looks will always be subjective and to me a bit bland but still well behind Audi in the bland of all blands category?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

BMW SUVs always, to me, look like vehicles with bits stuck on afterwards; as if they'd sourced parts from an aftermarket body kit company. What they do not look like is something that was conceived as a whole by the design team. They really all are very un-BMW-like in that respect.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Col Lamb wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:32 pm The X3 is not v Porsche.

The X3 is v Audi, Jag, Merc and Volvo in the prime 2.0 litre market.

The current X3 with the 35D is a great car, it goes very well, it does not run out of steam like the SD does, it rides well and it really does handle well and better than an FPace. No the handling is not to a Macan standard but its not that farbehind. So the next generation X3 does not have to achieve much to match the present Macan in terms of performance, ride and handling. BMW looks will always be subjective and to me a bit bland but still well behind Audi in the bland of all blands category?
Absolutely spot on to me. 👍
I didnt buy a Porsche for the Tech but for the overall driving experience and handling which so far no other SUV has come close.

BMW will do well with it but to swap from a Porsche to a BMW will not happen for me.
All these others SUV's manufacturers will keep Porsche on their toes to make sure the next Macan is even better.
GTS 😀
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

Question 1.

What do you drive?

Question 1. possible answers

1. I drive a BMW blah blah blah
2 I drive a Jaguar blah blah blah
3. I drive a Mercedes blah blah blah
4. I drive a Volvo blah blah blah
5. I drive an Audi blah blah blah
6. I drive a Porsche

Question 2. (this will only be asked if you answer question 1. with answer 6.)

What are you doing tonight/tomorrow/anytime next week, I can be free when ever you want me to be, I want your babies, please be my friend, I love you, no, don't go I need to be with you now. Pleasssseee..................
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25