Macan GTS - Which Fuel to use??

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Pete

Post by Pete »

I use chip fat from KFC.

Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

I have only ever used BP Ultimate 97 Ron in the GTS.
Other cars i use to use supermarket fuel but switched to BP Ultimate and i certainly feel the drive is smoother.

And in case of any fuel issues i always know where it has come from.

I doubt i would get or notice any real performance changes though.
GTS 😀
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Pete wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:05 pm I use chip fat from KFC.
Is that why your exhaust sounds like a chicken farting?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Shell Ultimate in my Turbo.

From GtK app.
If the recommended fuel is not available, unleaded fuels without metallic additives with octane numbers of 91 RON/82.5 MON can be used in an emergency. However, this could reduce performance and increase fuel consumption.
▸Use unleaded fuels without metallic additives with octane numbers of at least 91 RON/82.5 MON.
▸Do not drive at full throttle if you are using unleaded fuel with octane numbers of 91 RON/82.5 MON.

Tis the do not use full throttle which is probably the key to using lower rating fuels.

Just keep off the damn black pump, after 3 years of oil burners I really have to double check the nozzle when I put fuel in my Turbo.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
IainSmith

Post by IainSmith »

Afternoon All

I did a bit of research on fuels a bit back, and not using exact science the two I got more MPGs and what seemed better performance in my M135i was Shell Vpower (99rons) and Tesco Momentum (99rons). I'm told that both come from the same petroleum tanks at the depot but usually you will get the Momentum at the price of the cheaper normal BP/esso 95ron fuels.

Note: anyone visiting France/Germany they sell Shell Racing (102rons) which reading reviews makes your car go like stink!!

With my Macan S petrol, following running through the standard petrol the OPC put in, its now running the 99ron juice.

Only completed 650 miles to date but loved every minute :)
Crazy diamond

Post by Crazy diamond »

Of course you can run it on 95 RON but why would you? Seems like false economy to me as you are reducing performance and increasing the chance of engine knock/ pink :shock:
jk88

Post by jk88 »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:44 pmJust keep off the damn black pump, after 3 years of oil burners I really have to double check the nozzle when I put fuel in my Turbo.

No need to worry, you'll find the black pump nozzle won't fit.
Macan GTS - Mar 17 to Jan 23
Macan SD - Apr 16 to Mar 17
JBA

Post by JBA »

Similar to Ian Smith post, I had BMW 335i m sport coupe in which I used Shell Optimax super unleaded. Performance and economy much better than with normal unleaded. Also less risk of fuel injector failure, which happened in my previous BMW, in which I was using normal unleaded. Therefore my GTS only gets the best fuel which I think is Shell Optimax. It's a false economy to use the cheap fuel in a premium sports car.
Macan GTS Mark 1 - bought new 2017 and sold 2024
Macan GTS Mark 3 - bought new 2024
bigbaldybloke

Post by bigbaldybloke »

I've always used Texaco super unleaded from my local garage or any other super unleaded on journeys. Usually avoid BP as it seems to be at least 5p a litre more than any of the others.
Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PH8LE871
Macan GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPNV5P9
Lotus Elan +2
Mitsubishi Shogun
Mini Cooper S Electric
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

bigbaldybloke wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:55 am Usually avoid BP as it seems to be at least 5p a litre more than any of the others.
Can't say I've noticed that, but then again I rarely even look at the prices other than the total cost of filling, which seems about the same every time give or take a few quid.