Leaving the Macan fold too

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Paul

Post by Paul »

Dandock wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:32 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:34 pm
The Principal, Leon, is always friendly.
He's gone too, Simon - to CP at Styner BMW Bristol!

. .?? BMW Bristol is still within the Dick Lovett group (same as the 4 Porsche outlets....)
Sytner run, amongst others, Mercedes....
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465

Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Paul wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:02 pm
Dandock wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:32 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:34 pm
The Principal, Leon, is always friendly.
He's gone too, Simon - to CP at Styner BMW Bristol!

. .?? BMW Bristol is still within the Dick Lovett group (same as the 4 Porsche outlets....)
Sytner run, amongst others, Mercedes....
Beg your pardon. Anyway he's gone... and to Bath! 😳

I have been moved to our BMW dealership in Bath to head up we a newly required business (sic)...
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Wing Commander wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:48 pm Blimey! Who's the new Dealer Principal at Tewkesbury Porsche...?
Don't know, Simon, but I've now got Emma as my point of contact. Having said that.. I've not been to Belfast for over 50 years 😏
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

My Sales Exec in Belfast left shortly after my car was delivered which was a shame as he was great. He was particularly good to my 10 year old son who he seemed to understand was also a car nut. Gave us a full tour of the dealership when we first visited, invited down to see a couple of special cars when they were in the showroom and a few gifts. Now he has gone there hasn't really been any contact which is a bit sad as it feels like that relationship with the dealership has gone.
DougL

Post by DougL »

I'm just about to chop in my (8 month old :oops: ) Macan for a new Boxster from Belfast. I guess I am just not ready to drive an SUV; somehow I never bonded with the Macan, although I do realise what a great car it is. Just spent a weeks or so shuffling the cars on the drive. Macan and MX-5 are going and being replaced with a lovely spec (PJR2HLW7) Boxster, along with a 75bhp Up! Beats in red for shopping runs and short commutes. That leaves the SO's Tiguan to do the big stuff.

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Very nice, Doug :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

DougL wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:50 am I'm just about to chop in my (8 month old :oops: ) Macan for a new Boxster from Belfast. I guess I am just not ready to drive an SUV; somehow I never bonded with the Macan, although I do realise what a great car it is. Just spent a weeks or so shuffling the cars on the drive. Macan and MX-5 are going and being replaced with a lovely spec (PJR2HLW7) Boxster, along with a 75bhp Up! Beats in red for shopping runs and short commutes. That leaves the SO's Tiguan to do the big stuff.
SUVs are great if you NEED the extra space, but if you don't then you will always question why you didn't get a Boxster/Cayman instead. I'm a bit like you, I've always loved 911s and Boxsters, but would never feel quite the same about a Macan or Cayenne. 3 years ago I was considering a new Cayenne, but ended up with a 997 C4S and a new Qashqai for the wife and kids to trash. Turned out to be a good decision, although we do need a bigger SUV now.
v8trev

Post by v8trev »

DougL wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:50 am I'm just about to chop in my (8 month old :oops: ) Macan for a new Boxster from Belfast. I guess I am just not ready to drive an SUV; somehow I never bonded with the Macan, although I do realise what a great car it is. Just spent a weeks or so shuffling the cars on the drive. Macan and MX-5 are going and being replaced with a lovely spec (PJR2HLW7) Boxster, along with a 75bhp Up! Beats in red for shopping runs and short commutes. That leaves the SO's Tiguan to do the big stuff.

Very nice DougL - I know EXACTLY where you're coming from - just didn't excite me at all while the Boxster there's an air of excitement every time I get in it (it's my 4th so obviously a huge fan). I think we saw that yours when we picked ours up last Friday. Top dealership who really know how to look after you. Enjoy your pick-up and the drive home :D
spook

Post by spook »

SOLD this morning , the purchase offer was to good to turn down.

Listed at more than we paid for it .

On the website here with pictures to follow.
http://locator.porsche.com/ipl-customer ... .ipl?cid=1

Now the wait again never mind its shorter this time :D :D
911 C2 Pickup 14th April 2018 :D :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJN1HBF2
Pensioner Petrol S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHMKHZF4 - Deposit place 11/11/14 - Pick up 09/05/16 - SOLD 30/08/17 :-(
Zinzan

Post by Zinzan »

I've also just left the Macan fold - swapped my S for a 718 Boxster S which I love. Have to say this forum has been great - loads of very helpful advice and I'm still consulting it for things like PCM and Porsche Connect questions.
Gone: Macan S petrol
Gone: Boxster S:
Now: 911 (991.2) Carrera S