Missing Mirror retraction option on Macan

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Pete

Post by Pete »

On my car, the mirror folding is enabled with a setting (as well as the long press on the lock button on the key)

* CAR
* OPTION
* SET CAR
* Vehicle Functions
* Locking
* Set tick on 'Mirror Retract' option

GTK says this is "Automatic". I'm pretty sure I have this set, but I do have to long-press to get the mirrors folding in.

EDIT: Just looked and my 64 plate doesn't have this option in the settings - must be part of one of the comfort packages that I don't have.

happy days

Post by happy days »

It is standard feature on the 718s, but has to be enacted manually on the Macan. Really handy visual as to whether the car is locked or not.
Macan S D
718 S
Pete

Post by Pete »

happy days wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:01 am It is standard feature on the 718s, but has to be enacted manually on the Macan. Really handy visual as to whether the car is locked or not.
No it isn't. On mine, if I unlock my car after folding the mirrors, the mirrors remain folded. They only unfold when I turn the engine on.

The only visual indicator that the car is locked is the tiny flashing red light where the door lock popper should be.
happy days

Post by happy days »

Pete wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:46 am
happy days wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:01 am It is standard feature on the 718s, but has to be enacted manually on the Macan. Really handy visual as to whether the car is locked or not.
No it isn't. On mine, if I unlock my car after folding the mirrors, the mirrors remain folded. They only unfold when I turn the engine on.

The only visual indicator that the car is locked is the tiny flashing red light where the door lock popper should be.
I meant on the 718 - you can tell instantly if it's locked or not by looking at the mirrors.
Macan S D
718 S
Pete

Post by Pete »

Sorry, my bad.
Giz9

Post by Giz9 »

Did you know that you can retract the mirrors without locking the car? Try this:

- Switch the ignition on and then off again
- Remove the key
- Close the door and press and hold the lock button on the key fob within 1 second of closing the door

The mirrors will fold but the car will not be locked. When I first got the car I left it unlocked countless times in car parks because of this behaviour :o .
Diesel S - Dark Blue/Luxor Beige. http://www.porsche-code.com/PFRFZG58
Deposit 9/4/2014
Locked down 6/3/2015
Built 12/5/2015. Delivered 2/6/2015
happy days

Post by happy days »

Pete wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:14 amSorry, my bad.
I never understood that expression! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Macan S D
718 S
Pete

Post by Pete »

Just my attempt to appear a bit more modern to other people on the internet - 95% of whom are a lot younger than I am...
happy days

Post by happy days »

Pete wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:23 am Just my attempt to appear a bit more modern to other people on the internet - 95% of whom are a lot younger than I am...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I know what you mean...
Macan S D
718 S
Guy

Post by Guy »

Guy wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:12 am
gw76 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:22 pm 15 Petrol S - no auto function , have to use keyfob. Its annoying and should be standard.
That's strange - I thought the auto retract option was standard on all the older versions. Now you have got me doubting myself so I will go and check! (Will take photos!) Was just off to the dealer to book first service anyway ...
OK I have just checked and I was correct ...

... in doubting myself! :o

Mine doesn't have a mirror auto-retract option, so either it's disappeared, or I dreamt it. A thousand apologies to all those I've misled, and have a great weekend all! :D