Missing Mirror retraction option on Macan

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Giz9 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:27 am
happy days wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:01 am It is standard feature on the 718s, but has to be enacted manually on the Macan. Really handy visual as to whether the car is locked or not.
Did you know that you can retract the mirrors without locking the car? Try this:

- Switch the ignition on and then off again
- Remove the key
- Close the door and press and hold the lock button on the key fob within 1 second of closing the door

The mirrors will fold but the car will not be locked. When I first got the car I left it unlocked countless times in car parks because of this behaviour :o .
It has been raised before and I personally don't find it at all useful. There seems to be some internal electrical loop which needs to make its way round before you can lock the door. By pressing and keeping the lock key depressed too early, you are under the impression the car is locked (the mirrors folded) but it is still open.
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18

Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Guy wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:17 pm
Guy wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:12 am
gw76 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:22 pm 15 Petrol S - no auto function , have to use keyfob. Its annoying and should be standard.
That's strange - I thought the auto retract option was standard on all the older versions. Now you have got me doubting myself so I will go and check! (Will take photos!) Was just off to the dealer to book first service anyway ...
OK I have just checked and I was correct ...

... in doubting myself! :o

Mine doesn't have a mirror auto-retract option, so either it's disappeared, or I dreamt it. A thousand apologies to all those I've misled, and have a great weekend all! :D
I have never seen it on a Macan but it does exist on other Porsche just so you keep some sanity :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMWnKFhdVmY
GTS 😀
gw76

Post by gw76 »

Paul wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:51 pm ...."should be" ??

why? / by who's definition?
Mine.
Its been standard on the last few cars Ive had including lesser marques and so as its physically and electrically possible its an omission rather than an optional luxury.