Macan and Labrador

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Kramh

Post by Kramh »

Orangebulldog wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:17 pm Yes, the rear side and back windows will be tinted. Also keeps people from coming and have a look at your dog when you're filling up with gas ;). And as I cant be bothered to put the rear trunkshelf back every time I drive the car without the dog, it hides your stuff in the boot at least a bit. The sunroof helps with ventilation too. I just leave it tipped open all the time (except when raining) and it gets the doggiesmell out quite nicely when parked ;).

Dont hesitate, get it, its a wonderfull car. Its the sort of car that grows on you the more you drive it. So a quick testrun wont give you a complete picture. Just figuring out the suspension settings i prefered took me a month already. And I drive 7.000km/month....
I have no concerns about the car other than the boot space for my dog.... he comes first!
Porsche Macan GTS.... incoming
Porsche 997.2 GT3 RS
VW Golf GTD

Guy

Post by Guy »

Kramh wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:23 pm
Guy wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:11 pm ^ Yes, but if you are worried about temperatures then the heat/noise insulated glass may be better. It's only a little bit more expensive :D
It's not the money, it's sourcing one. My RRS is going week after next and I need a replacement for then!

The car I have sourced is a decent spec.
In that case privacy glass is fine, or get a less demanding dog!
Kramh

Post by Kramh »

Guy wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:25 pm
Kramh wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:23 pm
Guy wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:11 pm ^ Yes, but if you are worried about temperatures then the heat/noise insulated glass may be better. It's only a little bit more expensive :D
It's not the money, it's sourcing one. My RRS is going week after next and I need a replacement for then!

The car I have sourced is a decent spec.
In that case privacy glass is fine, or get a less demanding dog!
I never said he needed anything other than privacy glass. Anyway the dog is more important than any car. Let's not get over excited it's just a Macan we are talking about! 😉
Porsche 997.2 GT3 RS
VW Golf GTD
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

I came from a RRS too! 🙈 2015 model. Loved the looks, space, plushness and comfort. Hated the bad brakes and big boat handling (ok it says sport on the back, but it drove like my BMW X5 before that: ok handling but no sport). Macan with Air Suspension gives you both (provided you dont go for the 21 inch rims). Put it in normal suspension height, pasm in comfort and it is as soft as the RRS, get it in Low with sport button activated and its a gokart feel and still decent comfort.
I changed to the 21 inch rims (cause I loved the looks) and it its OK, but it eats at the jackal and hide trick a bit. Wouldnt do that again.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Yes, Labradors fit very nicely into the back of a Macan.

Proof:

IMG_0606.JPG

Just remember to take the parcel shelf out first.

He normally sits resting against the back seats while he looks out of the back and lays happily on the floor. There's easily enough room for him to turn around if he needs to.
Kramh

Post by Kramh »

Pete wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:59 am Yes, Labradors fit very nicely into the back of a Macan.

Proof:

IMG_0606.JPG

Just remember to take the parcel shelf out first.

He normally sits resting against the back seats while he looks out of the back and lays happily on the floor. There's easily enough room for him to turn around if he needs to.
Perfect - thank you! 👍
Porsche 997.2 GT3 RS
VW Golf GTD
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

I can take pictures with the hatch shut at the weekend.

I would say that if you're traveling without much luggage and you can store luggage on back seats / behind the front seats, a labrador fits in a Macan beautifully.
But if you need to carry 4 occupants, a labrador and luggage for overnight journeys, you might struggle, the dog takes up all of the boot space. Dog cage / box does not fit due to the sloping roof.

We do not have kids, so carry any overnight luggage on the back seats or behind the front seats, but it might be an issue if you travel with kids. Or get a roof box if the car you found has roof rails fitted.

Good luck finding a Macan you like! :)

IMG_5529.jpg

Last edited by Semerka on Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

I would much prefer a Disco Sport please.

Kind regards,
your dog!
Kramh

Post by Kramh »

Semerka wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:23 pm I can take pictures with the hatch shut at the weekend.

I would say that if you're traveling without much luggage and you can store luggage on back seats / behind the front seats, a labrador fits in a Macan beautifully.
But if you need to carry 4 occupants, a labrador and luggage for overnight journeys, you might struggle, the dog takes up all of the boot space. Dog cage / box does not fit due to the sloping roof.

We do not have kids, so carry any overnight luggage on the back seats or behind the front seats, but it might be an issue if you travel with kids. Or get a roof box if the car you found has roof rails fitted.

Good luck finding a Macan you like! :)
Thanks for this picture!

Max will be 3 of us with luggage, which can go on the seat and leave the boot for the dog - for the once or twice a year we need it!
Porsche 997.2 GT3 RS
VW Golf GTD
Kramh

Post by Kramh »

Peteski wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:40 pm I would much prefer a Disco Sport please.

Kind regards,
your dog!
So dull to drive and awful to look at!

My dog prefers being in the golf than the back of the RRS !
Porsche 997.2 GT3 RS
VW Golf GTD