Macan and Labrador

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Kramh

Post by Kramh »

Considering buying a Macan GTS as an everyday family car. Performance and practicality, it fits the bill for most things, but will it carry a Labrador in the boot comfortably or is it just too small?

My wife has a Golf GTD for the short dog journeys, but the Macan would be used for the longer ones.

I am getting rid of the RRS, as 95% of the time I drive it on my own, and it is boring to drive, SVR aside.

If it is just too small I will have to look at alternatives - maybe a Q5 for the wife and an M2 for me.

Any thoughts, experience appreciated.
Porsche Macan GTS.... incoming
Porsche 997.2 GT3 RS
VW Golf GTD

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

I have a lab and he doesn't get near my GTS. Reckon he would fit just about but would be pretty tight especially if you have anything else to go in the boot.
Kramh

Post by Kramh »

I am not worried about putting the dog in the car, that's its purpose. It think the sloping rear limits space too much - not sure he could even be able to turn around to look out the rear window.

This vid shows a German Shepherd in the boot , but not with the door closed!

https://youtu.be/iUCvwyIPN7Y

Would be really good to get a picture of a lab in the boot with door closed....
Porsche 997.2 GT3 RS
VW Golf GTD
Zinzan

Post by Zinzan »

Our lab goes in occasionally without any problem. He's smallish for a lab at 28kg though. He definitely prefers our Saab estate!
Gone: Macan S petrol
Gone: Boxster S:
Now: 911 (991.2) Carrera S
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

I have a midsized (25kilo, 55cm high back) Siberian Husky in there every week. No complaints.
She is the only thing in there. The sloping glas means she's closer to the back seats when sitting up.
She does prefer the boot of our Volvo v40 though. Feels less showcased (window in the macan goes down a fair ways), more protected.
And please, for the sake of your dog, get at least the tinted windows, cause she will be in a solarium otherwise.
I've even got the double paned heat insulating windows, and on longer trips, that's no luxery.
Hope that helps.
Kramh

Post by Kramh »

Thank you for the replies - does help. Our lab is from working stock, short'ish and around 30kg

I have sourced a car, if I decide to pull the trigger, and it has privacy glass - does that mean it he rear window is also tinted?
Porsche 997.2 GT3 RS
VW Golf GTD
Guy

Post by Guy »

^ Yes, but if you are worried about temperatures then the heat/noise insulated glass may be better. It's only a little bit more expensive :D
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

Yes, the rear side and back windows will be tinted. Also keeps people from coming and have a look at your dog when you're filling up with gas ;). And as I cant be bothered to put the rear trunkshelf back every time I drive the car without the dog, it hides your stuff in the boot at least a bit. The sunroof helps with ventilation too. I just leave it tipped open all the time (except when raining) and it gets the doggiesmell out quite nicely when parked ;).

Dont hesitate, get it, its a wonderfull car. Its the sort of car that grows on you the more you drive it. So a quick testrun wont give you a complete picture. Just figuring out the suspension settings i prefered took me a month already. And I drive 7.000km/month....
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

Guy wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:11 pm ^ Yes, but if you are worried about temperatures then the heat/noise insulated glass may be better. It's only a little bit more expensive :D
Hear hear 😉
Kramh

Post by Kramh »

Guy wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:11 pm ^ Yes, but if you are worried about temperatures then the heat/noise insulated glass may be better. It's only a little bit more expensive :D
It's not the money, it's sourcing one. My RRS is going week after next and I need a replacement for then!

The car I have sourced is a decent spec.
Porsche 997.2 GT3 RS
VW Golf GTD