Macan Lock Down and Build Date

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
goron59

Post by goron59 »

When I went collect my car I joked that they did get my last update for Saphire Blue ? :lol:
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR

Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

goron59 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:04 pm When I went collect my car I joked that they did get my last update for Saphire Blue ? :lol:
:lol:
I thought about telling them it was the wrong car and it's a 911 I ordered after they took the cover off for the big reveal. :lol:

I forgot and was just excited. Maybe next time ;)
GTS 😀
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Wing Commander wrote:Colonel Klink? :geek:
Whatever happened to Colonel Clink?! Did we ever hear from him again and whether or not the 911 was a good outcome?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

I don't recall hearing from Colonel Klink for some time...

It would be interesting to hear of his 911 experience. :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

He was last active on here on November 24th. :ugeek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

This was the Colonels post from his collection day, btw he has not been on the forum this year.
Well, you ain't going to effin believe it. I'm not having much fun at the moment with my dad very ill in hospital, and today's Macan pick-up was meant to be special. It was special alright, a special nightmare to begin with, but then it got better.......I think?

Turned up with missus and our girls at 10am as arranged. Walked in the showroom, immediately spotted my beautiful car (uncovered). Went straight over, wanted to kiss it, but the secretary was watching.

Looked all over it, couldn't get in as it was locked. No problem, wait for the guy to greet me and open her up. He greeted me and walked off to bring the keys.............Well, fcuk me, I noticed, no Sports Plus button, glanced up, no Chrono. Immediately, I turned to the wife and said, this isn't my car, what?, she replied. Looked at the seats, 14 way, not the 18 way as ordered........My heart sank!

They f'ed up big time.......Sorry, he said, we'll work something out. Offered me a Lexus CT as a loan for 6 months until the correct car is delivered, or refund missing option's cost + 2 grand......I said, we'll take the loaner and throw in the PSE on the new order, which I think is very, very fair considering, and I'd still have to wait 6 months to own one........Oh no, sorry, we can't do that, but as a good will gesture we'll knock a grand off the PSE.......Instead of balling my eye's out, I started to get the hump at this point......tight bar stewards! Ok, take the car you've paid for, then we'll give you a good price in 6 months.

I said, either do the PSE free or refund my money........we'll refund sir, cheque or bank transfer.........Nearly started the tears then.......The guy knows I want a 911 in a couple of years, so he suggested I take a look at a secondhand 911 they bought in yesterday. Up on a ramp in the workshop, wheels off and working on a full service.

Same price as my Macan if I'm interested. I had a test drive of a similar model, but slightly less powerful.....fantastic.....the wife had a drive and fell in love with it.

Bottom line, I pick-up Friday evening a 2009 2nd gen 911 (997) PDK 380bhp, 35,000Km's. Sports Chrono, PSE, 4 new tyre's, full service, a year's MOT and a year's Porsche guarantee......loads of other bits + the deal closer for me........f'ing ceramic brakes!

I know many of you know about the Porsche 911, I don't.........please tell me I haven't made yet another big mistake in my life.

Pic's to follow!
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags