Macan Service Cayenne Loaner

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Paul

Post by Paul »

Mistertoad wrote: โ†‘Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:55 pm
DNR17 wrote: โ†‘Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:40 pm Hi All

Porsche Aberdeen kindly provided me with a Cayenne SD V8. To say I was underwhelmed with the driving experience is an understatement! Looks naff too!

I didn't go out of town with it, but found the ride firmer, the most notable difference being the steering, car felt much heavier although steering lighter on the move, heavier at low speed 'parking'. I have power steering plus, if this is the reason, I'm glad I chose this option. I could feel every surface change, crack and stone on the road with a constant jiggle through the steering wheel that I just don't get from the Macan. Could be because it was on 21"s I'm on 20"s. If that's the reason, once again thank goodness I chose 20"s as this would irritate me.

The engine was gruff and again I could feel it through the steering, compared to the smooth six pot of the Macan. Didn't feel any quicker. Generally I got the feeling I was driving a 5yr old car compared to my Macan, in fact it was brand new!

Apart from the obvious, more space, bigger boot etc, the only thing this Cayenne did better was the noise it made when I thrashed it, sounded like a proper V8.

I know this car is being replaced very soon, not a minute too soon IMO.

Just made me appreciate my Macan even more...
The 3.0D V6 engine is no longer available in UK Cayennes. Your loaner must have been a (Audi) V8 deezel.
. .?? Are you sure?
Maybe since last week, but I thought the whole current / latest embargo was specifically about the 3.0 V6 (Audi) Diesel engine fitted in the Cayenne until software updates are cartied out in Q4. New build vehicles on order and stock vehicles alike.....I appreciate the " new" Cayenne in 2018 won't have the 3.0 D but you could order one up until last week....
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465

Mistertoad

Post by Mistertoad »

The Cayenne D has been removed from the configurator. Only the 4.2D S is available.
2015 Cayenne S - Sold
2016 718 Boxster - Sold
2016 Bentley Continental GT V8 S
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

I certainly wouldn't buy a Cayenne now with a complete new model around the corner. I've never been in love with its looks either and now in old age it looks even more "meh". Much prefer the Macan, except for its more limited luggage space.
Mistertoad

Post by Mistertoad »

Peteski wrote: โ†‘Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:45 am I certainly wouldn't buy a Cayenne now with a complete new model around the corner. I've never been in love with its looks either and now in old age it looks even more "meh". Much prefer the Macan, except for its more limited luggage space.
I'm not interested in the new Cayenne, which looks like an inflated Macan and will seem dated in a couple of years. It's a shame Porsche haven't been more adventurous with the styling. Jaguar have done a good job with their new I-Pace, which is only 1mm shorter and 64mm lower than the Macan, plenty of interior space and an ideal size for old fogeys like me and the missus to get in and out of. ;)

Macan I-Pace side view comparison copy.png

2015 Cayenne S - Sold
2016 718 Boxster - Sold
2016 Bentley Continental GT V8 S
Deleted User 1874

I agree, the Macan is starting to show its age too. In that side profile pic it even reminds me a bit of a Morris Allegro! I honestly think Porsche need to up their future game in the SUV looks department. I'm liking quite a few newer SUVs over the Macan and certainly the Cayenne. I know looks are not everything, but for most they are an initial sorting hat for shortlisting cars to explore further.
happy days

Post by happy days »

That Jag just doesn't do it for me. Looks like something that the Japanese are coming out with these days, all angles and sharp returns.
Macan S D
718 S
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

The Jag looks good to me but needs a Porsche badge on it!!
Deleted User 1874

Agreed, I think of current new offerings Volvo has nailed the styling best with the new XC60 and it's more practical too.
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

The Jag does look very nice and smart. Would i buy one... Nope... Not if it shares anything with the Fpace. Full of Tech issues and panels that dont fit.

As much as i dont think the Volvo looks as nice as the Jag at least i would have some confidence the Tech would work (with little bugs that they all have) and get a reasonable service based on what i have read and owners i know.
The new Cayenne looks a huge improvement but that wasn't hard as i think the older model is awful to look at. Still it sold well... :o
GTS ๐Ÿ˜€
DNR17

Post by DNR17 »

The Jag looks light-years ahead of the Macan in that comparison. I like the look of the Jag, also the Velar too, JLR are making desirable products at the moment. We will probably chop the wife's Evoque in for the new e-pace early next year.

Shame that the revised Macan doesn't appear to be moving it very far forward either.

Volvo just doesn't do it for me, pleasant looking and comfy but not nearly special enough.
Diesel S ordered September 2014, delivery schedualled September 2015.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGVHIJ59