Porsche advertising and selling unsafe Macans

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Trued

Post by Trued »

Transports 1500 liters of cargo. But no safety cargo net system comes with the car. The hinges on the back of the rear seats are there but no hinges in the headliner.
This is nothing but shameful. It is standard on sister car Audi Q5 and on rival Volvo XC60.
It is not responsible to haul 1500 liters of cargo without a cargo net system. But Porsche claims it can transport it. But apparently not in a safe way. Who would drive down the road with 3 nonbelted passengers. Yes they will crush you in case of an accident. Porsche has thought about this and provided a graphical interface warning for this. But for just as deadly cargo they have decided not to provide all owners with hinges and a net for just very little money. Time to get Porsche to retrofit new headliners and give Porsche Macan owners a net for safety.
I have been working traffic safety for both Swedish Federal Highway Administration as well as a year with Oregon DOT Traffic Safety Division. being part in seeding the concept of Vision of Zero in the US.
I take safety seriously and now it is time for Porsche to do that. I will start to rattle the box. I hope more owners are interested in supporting this good cause for change. The UK and Sweden are the premier countries in the world in traffic safety and low numbers of traffic fatalities per capita.
Come on Porsche AG I know you guys follow what is written on Social media and forums. So how can this critical issue be solved swiftly? We as customers have shown loyalty picking a car out of your vehicle range. It is not much to ask for you guys taking safety seriously. Feel free to call me for a solution +46709589632

I do not want to get the answer I should have ticked the cargo management system. That one is ill advertised and poorly presented what it consists of. Saying the car hauls 1500 liters of cargo is in my area of expertise enough for a safety oriented manufacturer to provide a standard safety system. In this case a cargo safety net just like Audi or Volvo.
- 2017 Porsche Macan
- 2004 SAAB 9-3 AERO CV
- 1978 SAAB 99 TURBO 3D Rally,RAC '78 S. Blomqvist
- 1977 SAAB 99 TURBO 3D
- 1977 SAAB 99 TURBO 4D Pre-Prod.
- 1966 SAAB 96 MonteCarlo V4 Rally

bigbaldybloke

Post by bigbaldybloke »

If I want to carry that much I use my old Shogun, why mess up the interior of an expensive car. A van is designed for moving large amounts of stuff around, just hire one for the odd time you move that much stuff. Anyway it's the weight that matters, 1500 litres of polystyrene balls presents no problem and there are lashing down points provided for smaller heavy items.
Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PH8LE871
Macan GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPNV5P9
Lotus Elan +2
Mitsubishi Shogun
Mini Cooper S Electric
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Extraordinary how people need to be told that knives are sharp, coffee is hot and unrestrained masses move around.
Amazing we survive as a species!
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Unrestrained passengers are not an issue in the UK, all passengers have to wear seatbelts.

Extraordinary how people buy a Macan knowing that it has the possibility of killing them.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
subaxtreme

Post by subaxtreme »

Who would be a car builder if you had to put up with this every day.
Stephen
Cayenne S Diesel
Sold: Macan SD
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Well, I think the opportunistic class action and injury lawyers can stand down.
Even if it isn't blindingly obvious, the disclaimers are all in here :)
http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/201 ... /301/Loads
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
GuyW

Post by GuyW »

And Porsche provide several different options depending on what you need. The rear cargo net and load management system, the luggage net for smaller items, the rubber boot liner in two heights. Or nothing if you don't need any of them.
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Agree if you are planning to use it as a van you should do your homework on cargo management before buying.
johnd

Post by johnd »

Jumbo?
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

johnd wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:34 amJumbo?

Nope :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018