Macan Update when?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
JBA

Post by JBA »

johnd wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:26 am
JBA wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:29 am I am not suggesting that new engines from Porsche in a facelifted version of the Macan will be inferior (hopefully the opposite) but I am wary of the politics and economics that are forcing car manufacturers to dial down the fun elements of driving ie speed & power.
But weren't the differences due to the loss of a turbo evident from power or torque figures? Certainly I wouldn't suggest that someone should blindly opt for a 'new' engine just because it's described as new and updated and also that eg a 10mg/kg drop in CO2 is unlikely to be the decisive factor in deciding to change. But if the power delivery is materially enhanced in a facelift model as evidenced by published data then it's difficult to see how that wouldn't add to the fun factor. (Though whether or not this is likely to happen in the facelift is another matter altogether.)
Hi Johnd,
Yes agree that if power and speed output is enhanced then any engine facelift will be much appreciated by us Porsche customers. With regards to the BMW 335i MS coupe engine facelift, it delivered no extra power or speed but instead felt less capable and no longer sounded like a performance engine. But then again I am quite an average driver (not Lewis Hamilton alas) so would probably be unable to test the difference in full.
Macan GTS Mark 1 - bought new 2017 and sold 2024
Macan GTS Mark 3 - bought new 2024

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:38 pm
I see the 3.0 and 3.6 litre engines as the main areas where there will be changes.
Just looking at the current petrol engines:

S = 340hp
GTS = 360hp
Turbo = 400hp
Turbo PP = 440hp

Panamera 4 = 330hp 3.0 litre V6
Panamera 4S = 440hp 2.9 litre V6
Panamera Turbo = 550hp V8

So maybe the 'new' Macan S could get the current GTS engine, the 'new' GTS could get the current Turbo engine and the 'new' Turbo could get the current Turbo PP engine or even the 2.9 from the Panamera S?

It would be a laugh if they could shoehorn the Panamera Turbo engine into the 'new' Macan Turbo PP or a Macan Turbo S...! :lol:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Auto Express' November 2017 edition on upcoming new models has this to say about the 2018 facelift:

On sale : Spring

Booming sales for the Macan mean that Porsche doesn't need to do much to keep it's smallest SUV on top. The mid-life facelift proves the point; it seems as if the Macan will only get a subtle update in line with the new Cayenne Mk3.

Our spies have caught a lightly disguised prototype hiding revised lights front and rear, while Porsche's latest tech will appear under the skin, including the new PSCB tungsten carbide-coated brake discs first seen on the Cayenne. There may even be a power boost for the flagship Turbo model to help fend off the upcoming Audi RS Q5
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
johnd

Post by johnd »

SAC1 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:08 pm Auto Express' November 2017 edition on upcoming new models has this to say about the 2018 facelift:
In other words: there's a 'spy' pic doing the rounds which looks like it could be the Macan FL. We haven't looked inside and TBH haven't got a clue what internal changes there might be, but we need to invent some inconsequential words to pad out a space that we've been assigned to fill. :roll:
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly