Macan Update when?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Andy352

Post by Andy352 »

Also if the regular "must have" specification forum members haven't got one before you how will you possibly know what to buy?
I would buy the current model and wait until you're told what to order, just in case you end up with a "plodder". :D :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGTU3KJ5

BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

Paul wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:33 pm ...and understand exactly what the differences will be from MY19; face- lift enhancement can often be cosmetic.
If (and that's the question) the facelift has rear wrap lights / big screen PCM / different engines then that could be an argument for waiting 6 months. Bear in mind there might be a price increase.....
:lol: Knowing Porsche...there's no might about the price increase at all.

BigPhil
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

I'm uncertain as to whether to upgrade in 18 months and take the initial depreciation hit or hang on until the 2022-ish full model change.
Will the 2018 changes actually be worth the hit?
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
johnd

Post by johnd »

Dandock wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:54 pm Will the 2018 changes actually be worth the hit?
One other question is whether there might be any change in engine line-up or power? Can't say I'm very fussed about largely cosmetic changes to the outside, though an electronic dash would be a significant step forwards. But supposing there were some worthwhile improvements in power or CO2 or economy? I might even consider another diesel if the fabled 300bhp diesel were to make an appearance, though I guess that's unlikely without a rework of the PDK.
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Paul wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:33 pm ...and understand exactly what the differences will be from MY19; face- lift enhancement can often be cosmetic.
If (and that's the question) the facelift has rear wrap lights / big screen PCM / different engines then that could be an argument for waiting 6 months. Bear in mind there might be a price increase.....
My money's on new rear lights, tweaked engines, but no Panamera style dash/switchgear/12.3" screen.

I expect Luke will know. ;)

Any inside info, Virage? :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
SGDT

Post by SGDT »

I gave this quite a bit of consideration before placing my order.
My OPC thought it will probably Sept 18 when deliveries start. Their best guess at changes were new rear lights as Cayenne, slight change to front lights. Updated petrol engines and maybe the new look touch buttons for climate. But probably not the 12.3" screen.
So from my perspective, nothing that I thought waiting for.
PJDKEP61
JBA

Post by JBA »

Beware of new engines in an updated model. Previously I owned BMW 335i m sport coupe which had an award winning, phenomenal engine at launch. In fact so good that it was rated higher than the M3 version. The facelifted version with the new engine was lower grade with one less turbo to comply with eco regulations and to prevent cannibalisation of more expensive M3 sales.

I am not suggesting that new engines from Porsche in a facelifted version of the Macan will be inferior (hopefully the opposite) but I am wary of the politics and economics that are forcing car manufacturers to dial down the fun elements of driving ie speed & power.
Macan GTS Mark 1 - bought new 2017 and sold 2024
Macan GTS Mark 3 - bought new 2024
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

My SE also hinted at a display change as well as rear lights. I noticed in the spy shots in the boot there seemed to be a large data gathering divice ,if the lights are the only thing to be changed would it require this huge data box? What is it for?....anyone
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
johnd

Post by johnd »

JBA wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:29 am I am not suggesting that new engines from Porsche in a facelifted version of the Macan will be inferior (hopefully the opposite) but I am wary of the politics and economics that are forcing car manufacturers to dial down the fun elements of driving ie speed & power.
But weren't the differences due to the loss of a turbo evident from power or torque figures? Certainly I wouldn't suggest that someone should blindly opt for a 'new' engine just because it's described as new and updated and also that eg a 10mg/kg drop in CO2 is unlikely to be the decisive factor in deciding to change. But if the power delivery is materially enhanced in a facelift model as evidenced by published data then it's difficult to see how that wouldn't add to the fun factor. (Though whether or not this is likely to happen in the facelift is another matter altogether.)
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Wing Commander wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:56 pm
My money's on new rear lights, tweaked engines, but no Panamera style dash/switchgear/12.3" screen.

I expect Luke will know. ;)

Any inside info, Virage? :geek:
Totally agree.

Given the dieselgate fiasco I certainly think that the developments has concentrated almost entirely on the engines, the SD is the heart of the range and it has to be put right to correct emissions and to solve the DPF issues.

Maybe once the engines are sorted rebadging the SD just be an engine alternative to the 2.0 litre that is a base model, and bringing out a diesel S with about 330bhp would woo more sales back to the oil burner.

PDK gearbox issues are easily sorted, a Porsche Engineer has already tuned an SD to produce 600+ bhp and he upgraded the PDK to cater for the huge increase in torque.

I see the 3.0 and 3.6 litre engines as the main areas where there will be changes.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags