Broken windscreen

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

I got a stone on bottom left corner the other day. If it had hit me in the face I don’t think I would be typing this now. Screen seems okay.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

I had a massive chunk of snow/ice hit the bottom left corner of my windscreen on the motorway the other day. It had flown off the top of a lorry. Scared the life out of me! It sounded very heavy from the noise it made when it collided with my car, but luckily no visible damage... 😬
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Spud

Post by Spud »

I had a stone crack my screen midweek, anyway rang NFU and got put through to Autoglass , no problems took the car in this afternoon for the replacement to be carried out but the screen was not an original Porsche part so I wouldn’t let them do it as I was concerned about invalidating any warranties, car only 9 months old, I’m told they will order an actual Porsche part but I may be charged the difference which I feel is not acceptable if I am charged, am I being over fussy or should I have just let them fit the screen, If the car had not been in warranty I would have just let them go ahead
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Don’t think you’re being overly cautious Spud. Hope the difference isn’t too many £££s. 😬

Sounds like you need to check the fine print of NFU’s T&Cs regarding whether they should cover the cost of the genuine Porsche windscreen... :geek:
Last edited by Wing Commander on Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

I’m with you on that Spud. Hopefully, if you explain to NFU they’ll cover it.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Spud wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:07 pm I had a stone crack my screen midweek, anyway rang NFU and got put through to Autoglass , no problems took the car in this afternoon for the replacement to be carried out but the screen was not an original Porsche part so I wouldn’t let them do it as I was concerned about invalidating any warranties, car only 9 months old, I’m told they will order an actual Porsche part but I may be charged the difference which I feel is not acceptable if I am charged, am I being over fussy or should I have just let them fit the screen, If the car had not been in warranty I would have just let them go ahead
Check your policy. Below is from NFU policy.
Speak to them but you can take it to porsche to have it done if you want but you pay £70 instead of £50 using their approved company.
They have confirmed to me that I could go to porsche direct to have it all done with an original porsche part. Same for my other make cars too.

Glass replacement
£50 (approved company)
£70 (all other circumstances)
GTS 😀
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

This is a standard insurance practice (read the small print). I would pay the diff and insist on the OEM parts.

I am pleased that the windshield claim doesn’t count against the non-claim bonus.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
Spud

Post by Spud »

Kasfranks99 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:20 pm
Spud wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:07 pm I had a stone crack my screen midweek, anyway rang NFU and got put through to Autoglass , no problems took the car in this afternoon for the replacement to be carried out but the screen was not an original Porsche part so I wouldn’t let them do it as I was concerned about invalidating any warranties, car only 9 months old, I’m told they will order an actual Porsche part but I may be charged the difference which I feel is not acceptable if I am charged, am I being over fussy or should I have just let them fit the screen, If the car had not been in warranty I would have just let them go ahead
Check your policy. Below is from NFU policy.
Speak to them but you can take it to porsche to have it done if you want but you pay £70 instead of £50 using their approved company.
They have confirmed to me that I could go to porsche direct to have it all done with an original porsche part. Same for my other make cars too.

Glass replacement
£50 (approved company)
£70 (all other circumstances)
Thanks, yes I’ve paid the £50 when I made the original phone call, there is no mention as far as I can see regarding the actual part so hopefully NFU will not charge, I did check with my OPC and they said they usually get Autoglass or National Screen to carry out the work, obviously there is the recalibration needed as well
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
VanB

Post by VanB »

Had my Macan windscreen replaced twice by auto glass via NFU and no issue requesting an OEM screen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

I wouldn't be surprised if the screens didn't come from the same place, the OEM Porsche one just routed through them with the usual +200% mark up. Porsche don't make their own glass, they just source it from one of the big manufactures.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50