Porsche customer service

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Good service πŸ‘

Companies in general will only "rip me off" once.

R850R

Post by R850R »

Spud writes "I've had my SD for 12 months now and in that time my OPC have topped up the oil and adblue FOC, now that keeps me happy".
My diseaseal was handed over needing about 17 litres of Adblue when I checked after a couple of weeks. Later. when "service" was challenged I was told "We'll look into it and get back to you". They never did.
I assume the factory put enough in the tank for delivery and expect the POC to top it up at pdi.
Then, some front-end damage required a new bumper at same POC. Noticed next morning the reg plate lying on the garage floor - their body shop had put the new one on with double-sided adhesive tape. Had to drive to Al Frauds in 'her' car to buy new fixing bolts, drill holes and fix it properly.
Sent email to b/shop manager - again, no response.
A week or so later I get the Porsche UK standard e-questionnaire asking for views about how the "work" was done. Had I had a problem? [yes] Had I taken it up with the POC? [yes] What was their response? [none] Can we direct your replies to the POC? [yes].
Never heard a thing back.

(β•―οΈ΅β•°,)
S with an oil-burner engine and a few extras.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I suppose we can be lucky or unlucky with who we deal with.

A few years ago I had a Ford Mondeo Ghia X which was a great car but rust started to appear on the sills at approx. 3 year old. "Ford" or at least the person I contacted thought this was quite acceptable for a Β£20,000 car. I have never bought another Ford strangely enough :)
happy days

Post by happy days »

A lot of warranty stuff depends also on the importer and the dealer can get burned if the importer does not play ball. I have a friend who used to own a VW dealership. A customer came in with a complaint of lack of power and an intermittent flat spot on his new Tdi Passat. Anyway, long story short, nothing was showing up on the diagnostic gear (surprise surprise) and so the process of replacing components began, followed by testing, return to customer, rinse and repeat until cured.

A warranty claim had been opened, but at that time they had to be completed within 28 days submission. However the process for sorting out this car took over two months (it got fixed in the end) but by the time the dealer put the claim in VWUK said, tough should have been in before 28 days were up and refused to pay out. My friend was left with a very, very hefty unpaid bill.

You can imagine his reluctance to cover any unusual warranty stuff after that.
Macan S D
718 S
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Spud wrote: ↑Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:07 am
Paul wrote: ↑Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:49 pm πŸ‘
..and the best thing (for them) is that you'll go back.....it can be so easy to "delight" customers, and contrasts with the recent post where a used car customer was refused new wheel centresπŸ‘Ž
Paul is spot on, I've had my SD for 12 months now and in that time my OPC have topped up the oil and adblue FOC, now that keeps me happy plus over my three years of Porsche ownership I've always been made to feel "important" by all OPC staff whenever I have needed anything resolving, in todays markets its the best way to keep clients :P
Sounds like a great OPC, which one is it?
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Paul

Post by Paul »

happy days wrote: ↑Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:35 pm A lot of warranty stuff depends also on the importer and the dealer can get burned if the importer does not play ball. I have a friend who used to own a VW dealership. A customer came in with a complaint of lack of power and an intermittent flat spot on his new Tdi Passat. Anyway, long story short, nothing was showing up on the diagnostic gear (surprise surprise) and so the process of replacing components began, followed by testing, return to customer, rinse and repeat until cured.

A warranty claim had been opened, but at that time they had to be completed within 28 days submission. However the process for sorting out this car took over two months (it got fixed in the end) but by the time the dealer put the claim in VWUK said, tough should have been in before 28 days were up and refused to pay out. My friend was left with a very, very hefty unpaid bill.

You can imagine his reluctance to cover any unusual warranty stuff after that.
Yup, I can concurr......on top of all that, the manufacturer will then audit the dealership on a annual basis and claw-back any claims it considers incorrectly processed. This can be anything from job-card not signed by customer / insufficient write-up by technician / part fitted should be fitted with xyz additional part......the total claim will be clawed back and the claim amount apportioned over the total annual warranty claim amount and this further sum clawed back too! The warranty administrator can often make or break a dealership bottom line.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Spud

Post by Spud »

SAC1 wrote: ↑Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:04 pm
Spud wrote: ↑Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:07 am
Paul wrote: ↑Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:49 pm πŸ‘
..and the best thing (for them) is that you'll go back.....it can be so easy to "delight" customers, and contrasts with the recent post where a used car customer was refused new wheel centresπŸ‘Ž
Paul is spot on, I've had my SD for 12 months now and in that time my OPC have topped up the oil and adblue FOC, now that keeps me happy plus over my three years of Porsche ownership I've always been made to feel "important" by all OPC staff whenever I have needed anything resolving, in todays markets its the best way to keep clients :P
Sounds like a great OPC, which one is it?
Nottingham
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
gw76

Post by gw76 »

....if only every dealership sounded as rosey...
Im still waiting on a callback 2 months later after showing interest in an upgrade to a GTS.
Johnsmith

Post by Johnsmith »

Is part of this thread because we expect so little from OPCs involving the word free !!
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

R850R wrote: ↑Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:42 pm Spud writes "I've had my SD for 12 months now and in that time my OPC have topped up the oil and adblue FOC, now that keeps me happy".
My diseaseal was handed over needing about 17 litres of Adblue when I checked after a couple of weeks. Later. when "service" was challenged I was told "We'll look into it and get back to you". They never did.
I assume the factory put enough in the tank for delivery and expect the POC to top it up at pdi.
Then, some front-end damage required a new bumper at same POC. Noticed next morning the reg plate lying on the garage floor - their body shop had put the new one on with double-sided adhesive tape. Had to drive to Al Frauds in 'her' car to buy new fixing bolts, drill holes and fix it properly.
Sent email to b/shop manager - again, no response.
A week or so later I get the Porsche UK standard e-questionnaire asking for views about how the "work" was done. Had I had a problem? [yes] Had I taken it up with the POC? [yes] What was their response? [none] Can we direct your replies to the POC? [yes].
Never heard a thing back.

(β•―οΈ΅β•°,)
Which OPC is failing to meet expectations?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags